PS4 Support

More
7 years 10 months ago #1463 by mickay
PS4 Support was created by mickay
Hi, Very broad question incoming:

Does this plugin work on projects deployed to the PS4? Are there certain features that don't work on PS4?

My main reason for asking is that it looks like a lot of the features of this plugin look like they might use c# reflection and JIT compilation? Things which to my knowledge are not supported by the PS4.

Maybe there is a bare minimum provided by the plugin that doesn't do anything crazy at runtime (i.e. bakes in the translations at compile-time?).

If this plugin doesn't work with PS4 - it would be amazing if someone could point me in the direction of a localisation plugin which does :)

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #1465 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic PS4 Support
Hi,

Does this plugin work on projects deployed to the PS4? Are there certain features that don't work on PS4?

I haven't been able to test in a PS4 myself, but I don't see why it won't work there. There are even several games for XBox that uses the plugin.

My main reason for asking is that it looks like a lot of the features of this plugin look like they might use c# reflection and JIT compilation? Things which to my knowledge are not supported by the PS4.

The only places where the plugin uses reflection and other "platform unsupported" features is in the Editor scripts (which are not built into the game). So, it should be fairly safe the use the plugin in PS4.
All translations are stored in a Prefab, downloading from google at runtime (if enabled) uses the unity www class, doesn't depend on any Json lib that could give conflicts, Any downloaded data is cached in the PlayerPrefs.

So, I don't see why it shouldn't work. Nonetheless, I haven't been able to test it. But if you do, and find any issue, let me know and I will correct it right away (that way I can guarantee the plugin will run in PS4 for other users as well)

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 10 months ago #1478 by daniel
Replied by daniel on topic PS4 Support
The Plugin works fine on PS4 and Xbox we actually using it for a title in development.

Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elektronische

More
7 years 7 months ago #1716 by elektronische
Replied by elektronische on topic PS4 Support

daniel wrote: The Plugin works fine on PS4 and Xbox we actually using it for a title in development.

Cheers.

Hi Daniel, i'm planning to use this plugin for a title in PS4, i'd like to know which option have you choose to access to the I2Languages prefab, are you getting this from Resources folder or are you using this as Asset Bundle? Thanks in advance for your answer.

More
7 years 7 months ago #1717 by daniel
Replied by daniel on topic PS4 Support
You can use it the same way as on PC or other platforms. Just set up normally and then init it at the beginning. you can use the code localisation and also the scripts that coming with the package. The Plugin would do the rest for you and handle the loading from Resources.

More
5 years 8 months ago #3166 by j.wasilenko
Replied by j.wasilenko on topic PS4 Support
We are having a issue on PS4, calling something like mapPanel.missionTitle.text = LocalizationManager.GetTranslation(_missionType.missionTitle + " title"); results in a null ref error on PS4 in the editor and on the build.

The Localize component seems to work, but calling LocalizationManager.GetTranslation doesn't.

Is it something we are doing wrong?

@daniel can you explain more about your Init process?

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine