Automatic Google translation skips few letters

More
7 years 11 months ago #1399 by Erikoinen
I'm assuming the answer to this is no, but is there a way to do the automatic translation in the Google Sheet itself? That could possibly be a preferred method for me anyway. Obviously I understand if there isn't one. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1400 by Erikoinen
Oh, I finally found out the reason for the confusion!

If I do the translation on the "Normal" tab, it works, but if I do it in the "Touch" tab, the problem persists.

EDIT: Also I believe the previous exception may have happened because I didn't have any "Empty" cells, they were all filled with temporary gibberish inserted by me.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Erikoinen.

More
7 years 11 months ago #1401 by Erikoinen
Again, sorry for the spam!

So where I'm at now:
Using the "Touch" tab Translate doesn't work, but "Normal" tab does. Minor bug but maybe worth fixing.

My main problem right now is that when I'm using Languages > Translate All, it's just giving me an error "Unable to access Google or not valid request" even though obviously I'm able to reach the Google document and translation services since the single Translate works, and I can export/import the document.
Unable to access Google or not valid request
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:ShowMessage(String, MessageType, Boolean) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:205)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:ShowError(String, Boolean) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:190)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:OnLanguageTranslated(String, String) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Languages.cs:265)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:CheckForConnection() (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Spreadsheet_Google.cs:473)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1402 by Frank
Hi,
I was able to reproduce that issue:
(Clicking "Translate" next to the term or "Translate All" in that same tab was outputting the Category/Term, but clicking "Translate All" in the language Tab worked ok)

To fix this issue you need to replace the file Assets\I2\Localization\Scripts\Editor\Localization\LocalizationEditor_Terms_Description.cs
with the one I'm attaching here.

File Attachment:

File Name: Localizati...tion.zip
File Size:5 KB

I'm also uploading a new version to the beta folder (2.6.5 f5), containing those fixes and a few others.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Frank.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1403 by Erikoinen
Which problem does that fix? I replaced the file and still seemed to get the Term as the result when pressing Translate or Translate All. Instead of Category/Term, it only adds the Term. When in Normal tab, it works, but in Touch tab, this issue remains.

I don't want to seem too ungrateful, but could you have the time to look into that Languages > Translate as well? If I'm adding a new language and hit Translate, all I get is "Unable to access Google or not valid request." I may be wrong, but sometimes it seemed work when I had manually inserted multiple translations in the given language. Could it have something to do with the characters used in the translations? I'm using for example a lot of : and %.

Thanks, Frank, you da man. :)

EDIT: Oh and also, what's the URL to download the betas?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Erikoinen.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1404 by Frank

Which problem does that fix?

It fixes the problem that if you have all the translations empty, and click "Translate" or "Translate All" for that Term, it will fallback to use the Term's text as usual, but will skip the Category part.

I.e. if you have a term named "Category/Example Term" and ALL its translations are empty, then it will translate "Example Term" to all the languages.
Notice that if you already have a wrong translation it will try to use that instead.

When in Normal tab, it works, but in Touch tab, this issue remains

Damm touch/normal tabs haha. After I finish the next thing in my todo list (fix IOS store integration), improving the touch/normal workflow is my next target! At the moment is very easy to make it fail if not treated carefully.

If you are using only Normal or Touch, then the other one should be set to empty ("") so that it inherits the value of the tab that is been used.
What I guess is happening to you, is that you changed tab, and added some text, but there is already wrong texts in the other tab.

As part of the workflow improvement for the Normal/Touch, I will add a button to link both tabs and avoid this confusion.

I don't want to seem too ungrateful

Don't worry!! I like all the feedback and bugs report, that helps me improve the plugin!! So keep sending me anything you see wrong or if you have any suggestions.

If I'm adding a new language and hit Translate, all I get is "Unable to access Google or not valid request.

That's weird, its working fine in all tests I have done.
Can you try the latest version I just uploaded (2.6.5 f5) to the beta folder.
I added some error checking for when the translations have a wrong setup. So you should be able to see a better error text in the inspector.

what's the URL to download the betas?

If you email me the unity invoice number I will add you to the database and you will have access to the beta folder

Thanks,
Frank

EDIT:

is there a way to do the automatic translation in the Google Sheet itself? That could possibly be a preferred method for me anyway. Obviously I understand if there isn't one.

A previous version of the plugin was doing exactly that. All empty translations were automatically set to use the google spreadsheet function GOOGLETRANSLATE.
However some users needed to have empty cells in their spreadsheets (to deal with gameplay/checking and to better know when something was not yet translated by one of their translators).
So I had to revert that implementation and now if you need to translate things, just click the buttons :-)

Nonetheless, you can always open the spreadsheet and add the GOOGLETRANSLATE function!

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Frank.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine