Automatic Google translation skips few letters

More
3 years 7 months ago #1405 by Erikoinen
Hey, thanks for the reply!

What's your email address or where can I get it?

I understand the removal of the automatic google translate functionality. What do you mean "add the GOOGLETRANSLATE function"? I tried just typing in GOOGLETRANSLATE in the cells and it didn't work, far fetched. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #1406 by Erikoinen
Oh, I just realized how the Google Translate function works.

=GOOGLETRANSLATE(text, "en", "sv") etc. Excellent!

Still want to know that email, though! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #1407 by Erikoinen
Okay, here's the next issue. :)

I have manually translated English and Finnish, but added a bunch of other languages with the GOOGLETRANSLATE formulae. These work perfectly when playing in the Unity editor, but when I build for my Android device and try changing the language, only English and Finnish work. The others don't react to the change at all, almost as if it's not doing anything when trying to change the language.

I generated store integration too, even though it's likely not necessary at this stage.

Haven't tried on iOS yet.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #1408 by Erikoinen
Hmm, that was a bit weird. I had to uninstall the game from my device and then install it again in order to get them working...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #1409 by Erikoinen
Anyway, I will manage to work with what I learned through this thread. :)

If you want to look into any of the mentioned issues and need more info from me, just ask here. I have the notifications on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #1410 by Frank

What's your email address or where can I get it?


inter.illusion [at] gmail.com

Hmm, that was a bit weird. I had to uninstall the game from my device and then install it again in order to get them working...


Most likely the PlayerPrefs were keeping an old download data. Sometimes the google spreadsheets don't modify their "last modified date" :-( It happens randomly, and then a day or so later it finally catches up, and changes to the correct date.
At that moment, I2L does download the data into the PlayerPrefs and uses that. There have been several bug reports to google about that issue, but no answer so far!

So, everytime you modify the spreadsheets and want to be sure the changes are spread to all your players, check the last modify date.

Thanks for reporting all this issues, and please, let me know if you see anything else!!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine