Parsing scenes and scripts

More
8 years 10 hours ago #1386 by alan2110
It is a nice feature of I2 to parse my scripts and scenes for string usage. But I don't want it parse everytime I make a script change, it adds a lot of waiting time for me as I am working. The problem I am having is when I go to I2Languages/Tools/Parse and Uncheck the Parse Scenes and Parse Scripts checkboxes, they automatically turn back on. I would like a way to turn off automatic parsing until I manually want to use it. Is there a way for me to do this?
thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 hours ago #1387 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Parsing scenes and scripts
Hi,
If you get version 2.6.5 f3 from the beta folder (I sent it too to the AssetStore but is still waiting for review), it has some fixes about that.

In previous versions, the plugin was always parsing scripts and the loaded scene which was causing a big lag when selecting the I2Languages.prefab and in general when editing things. Parsing the local scene was really fast, but parsing the scripts was taking most of the time.

So, I made that the auto-parsing skips the scripts and only do the loaded scene (even on big scenes that shows as fast in my profiling).
Then, if you need to parse scripts, it can be done by opening the Parse Tools (that's the only place where it will parse the scripts).

Nonetheless, I see your point about saving the state of the "Parse Scenes" and "Parse Scripts" variables (they are always on by default). I will add that and make a quick update.

One thing that you could do in the meantime is to modify the file:
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Tools_ParseTerms.cs

And make the default value of the variables be false. Then you will have to toggle them using the inspector for the Parse Terms Tool.
		public static bool mParseTermsIn_Scenes = false;             // changed to false
		public static bool mParseTermsIn_Scripts = false;              // changed to false

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 8 hours ago #1388 by alan2110
Replied by alan2110 on topic Parsing scenes and scripts
thanks that helped

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine