Does not work on Unity3d 5.3.4p1

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1363 by ktae13
I recently upgraded my unity to 5.3.4p1 from 3.5.1.p1, and "I2Languages" doesn't get localization from google docs.

my version of I2 localization is 2.6.4b2. I also tried to update I2 to 2.6.5a2, but had no luck.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thank you.

Attaching image and error message I am getting.

ERROR MESSAGE
InvalidOperationException: The following game object is invoking the DontDestroyOnLoad method: I2ResourceManager. Notice that DontDestroyOnLoad can only be used in play mode and, as such, cannot be part of an editor script.
I2.Loc.ResourceManager.get_pInstance () (at Assets/External/I2/Localization/Scripts/ResourceManager.cs:23)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.RegisterSourceInResources () (at Assets/External/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:231)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.UpdateSources () (at Assets/External/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:203)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/External/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Inspectors/LanguageSourceInspector.cs:59)
ERROR MESSAGE

ERROR MESSAGE
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_GoogleCredentials () (at Assets/External/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Spreadsheet_Google.cs:119)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_Spreadsheet_Google () (at Assets/External/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Spreadsheet_Google.cs:38)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_ImportExport () (at Assets/External/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:82)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_Main () (at Assets/External/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:63)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/External/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Inspectors/LanguageSourceInspector.cs:133)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1231)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
ERROR MESSAGE
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by ktae13.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #1364 by Frank
Hi,
2.6.5a2 fixes that issue. However, if you try to update unity sometimes doesn't get the latest version correctly and you have to manually delete the package in the cache folder.

Here is also the script that is modified to fix that issue. Please, verify that your script is exactly like this one:
inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localization...error-in-unity-5-3-4

This is what a user had to do to fix the issue where unity wasn't downloading the package correctly:

So i have to delete the Asset Store's temporary file in 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x'

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: ktae13

More
7 years 11 months ago #1365 by ktae13
Thank you Frank,

It fixed my issue. I should've looked more carefully before I post it. ;)

Thank you very much.

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine