Using most Recenter Version, problem with \N

More
7 years 11 months ago #1361 by wagenheimer
I'm trying to find out where is this happening...

My I2Loc prefab:
- Term: levelstart
    TermType: 0
    Description: undefined
    Languages:
    - Level {0}\nStart!
    Languages_Touch:

Where in I2 this could changing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1362 by wagenheimer
I added this to UpdateDictionary(bool force=false)
for (int index=0;index<= mTerms[i].Languages.Length-1;index++)
                    mTerms[i].Languages[index] = mTerms[i].Languages[index].Replace("\\n", "\n");

And now it is working as expected! But this is not right! Any suggestion?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by wagenheimer.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1366 by Frank
Hi,
I really want to help you! But I can't fully understand what's the wrong behavior you're seeing, or we are referring to different things.

If you could make a small example project or scene where I could see the misbehavior, that will help me a lot to understand your issue and come with a solution for you.

From what you are saying:

The problem is here! Create a new term by example : Level {0}\n Start!1

That's the wrong way of doing it. If you type \ and n, the plugin understand that you want two separated characters, not an special character.
Thats why when you print the term into the console using Debug.Log(), it shows exactly that 'Level {0}\n Start'.
However, the debugger wants you to understand that the \n is not a new line character, so it shows you the correct way of that string'Level {0}\\n Start!". But even when you are seeing \\n, it doesn't mean those are 3 characters, '\\' is a single character that is printed as '\' and then there is the 'n'.

The plugin, (the same than Unity UI, TextMeshPro, NGUI, etc) doesn't require you to encode the new lines into "\n", instead you should press enter to separate the lines.
See the following image, it shows the correct way and the wrong way of representing new lines:

A similar example can be found in the Standard Components Example Scene and the TextMeshPro example scene. Just look at the LanguageSource inside those scenes.

Could you please send me a repro project? I really want to assist you, but I don't know if we are talking about the same thing.
Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Frank.

More
7 years 11 months ago #1427 by wagenheimer
The TextMeshPRO creator told me he talked with you to solve this problem! Is this fix already available? I updated to the 2.6.5 f5 version and my problem is back.

Unity tells me there is an 2.6.6a1 version, but I cannot find it to download. Where is it available?

More
7 years 11 months ago #1428 by Frank
Hi,
I'm sorry, but I'm still not seeing any problem. I maybe really misunderstanding you.

Using "\n" in I2 Localization is not needed. You just press Enter. (See the image in my previous post)
It is What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get. If you see \n then you will get \n displayed in TextMeshPro.

Can you PLEASE, send me a scene or project I could test that shows your problem, otherwise I don't know how to help you.

Unity tells me there is an 2.6.6a1 version, but I cannot find it to download. Where is it available?

version 2.6.6a1 can be downloaded from the Beta Folder.
If you don't have yet access, can you please email your unity invoice number and I will add you to the database.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 11 months ago #1430 by wagenheimer

Frank wrote: Hi,
Using "\n" in I2 Localization is not needed. You just press Enter. (See the image in my previous post)

This does not works when updating the Language from CSV instead of Google Drive. The CSV gets corrupted when exported from Google Docs to CSV.

Can I2 import directly from .xls files instead of CSV?

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine