Upgraded I2, not now working on export

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1345 by jayderyu
I'm kinda getting stumped here. The project is wrapping up and I needed to update I2 localization due to old version issues. However a problem has occurred.

In the editor I2 has no problems, however on export none of the term keys values are found. And this is a big problem and I'm getting stumped. I read that moving the prefab could cause a Resource.Load issue, but the I2Language prefab is in the default location. I certainly could use some insight on how to fix this problem.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by jayderyu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #1346 by Frank
Hi,
Can you please give me a few more details to help me understand your issue?

From which I2L version did you upgrade?
Did you check that the WebService is the latest one? (you can click "Verify" next to the webService URL)
If you click the I2Languages.prefab does it show all terms and the translations just fine?

I2L new version moved the default location of the I2Languages.prefab from Assets/I2/Location/Resources into Assets/I2/Resources
Could it be happening, that I2L created the I2Languages.prefab in Assets/I2/Resources and then your subversion system downloaded another copy of I2Languages into the old location? Please, verify that there are no duplicates of the I2Languages.prefab in your project

Some users reported that unity have issues downloading the plugin from the assetstore and using their local cache. To discard any of those issues, please, delete Assets/I2/Localization and delete the I2 Localization package in your Unity cache. Then download the latest version of the plugin and install it again.

If nothing of that works, can you please send me the logs from your mobile (e.g. using logcat in android) so that I could see if you got any error reported there.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 11 months ago #1347 by jayderyu
* Old version was 2.4.5 f2

* I followed the instructions to create a new WebService( however when Run->doGet, there was no additional window popup. Where instructions indicate there should be. )

* The URL does verify in I2 localization.

* Yes, in the I2 prefab - > Terms has their term on the left, sheet on the right. And when selecting one of the terms. There information is filled out for the two languages.

* Doubled checked for duplicate I2Lanauges and there aren't any duplicates. Just the one in I2\Resources

* removed Unity package from from cache and deleted from project(kept Resource folder in I2). And still didn't work.

I was looking around and though to try turned the google auto check to Never(as mentioned the issue with doGet). That seems to have gotten things to work. I suppose that won't get the benefit of auto updating the text if there dialogue fixes. but At least it's something. Though I would like to get it to work properly. If you can figure what I did wrong that would be great. But this solution is still good.

More
7 years 11 months ago #1348 by Frank
If turning auto-update to Never made it work, then I think I have an idea why it maybe not working.

When the plugin downloads a spreadsheet it saves the version number of that sheet (i.e. its date of last modification). That its saved into the PlayerPrefs. Then every next time the game runs, it contacts Google to see if there is a newer spreadsheet, if they is, then thats the one it will use, otherwise it uses the one in the PlayerPrefs.

If at any point, the PlayerPrefs gets corrupted or out-of-date, then it can happen that the PlayerPrefs its used all the time even when there is a newer spreadsheet. I have only seen this happen once, and it happened the last time we switched WebServices. I will look further into this.

Anyway, if that's the issue, then deleting the PlayerPrefs from your device will make it work. (Fully delete the app from your device and reinstall it). Also, do a full sync with Google in your I2Languages (button Import-Replace).

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 11 months ago #1349 by jayderyu
Thank you. I will look into doing just that. I appreciate all the assistance you have given. And timely to :)

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine