Upgrading to Unity 5.3.3p2 from 5.3.2 broke things

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #1308 by kylerwk
Hello,

Just tried upgrading to Unity 5.3.3p2 from 5.3.2. I'm using 2.6.4 F3

I'm getting lots of errors like this in the console. And I am not able to look at any localization inspectors for objects in my scene. Only when the scene is running do the Localization inspectors show up.

I also can't even see the global source in an inspector until I run the game once.

Hopefully you can fix this soon!

The localization in the game seem to work.

InvalidOperationException: The following game object is invoking the DontDestroyOnLoad method: I2ResourceManager. Notice that DontDestroyOnLoad can only be used in play mode and, as such, cannot be part of an editor script.
I2.Loc.ResourceManager.get_pInstance () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/ResourceManager.cs:23)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.RegisterSourceInResources () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:283)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.UpdateSources () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:255)
I2.Loc.LocalizeInspector.OnEnable () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Inspectors/LocalizeInspector.cs:55)

and

InvalidOperationException: The following game object is invoking the DontDestroyOnLoad method: I2ResourceManager. Notice that DontDestroyOnLoad can only be used in play mode and, as such, cannot be part of an editor script.
I2.Loc.ResourceManager.get_pInstance () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/ResourceManager.cs:23)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.RegisterSourceInResources () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:283)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.UpdateSources () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:255)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.InitializeIfNeeded () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:101)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.get_CurrentLanguage () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:14)
I2.Loc.Localize.OnLocalize (Boolean Force) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Localize.cs:118)
I2.Loc.LocalizeInspector.OnDisable () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Inspectors/LocalizeInspector.cs:87)

and

I2.Loc.LocalizeInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Inspectors/LocalizeInspector.cs:116)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1231)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

and

Unexpected top level layout group! Missing GUILayout.EndScrollView/EndVertical/EndHorizontal?
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by kylerwk. Reason: grammar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #1309 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks for reporting this issue. Seems that in the newest unity versions, DontDestroyOnLoad are enforced better :-)

You can fix it by replacing the pInstance property by the following code:
(ResourceManager.cs line 10-30)
		public static ResourceManager pInstance
		{
			get {
				bool changed = mInstance==null;

if (mInstance==null)
					mInstance = (ResourceManager)Object.FindObjectOfType(typeof(ResourceManager));

if (mInstance==null)
				{
					GameObject GO = new GameObject("I2ResourceManager", typeof(ResourceManager));
					GO.hideFlags = GO.hideFlags | HideFlags.HideAndDontSave;	// Only hide it if this manager was autocreated
					mInstance = GO.GetComponent<ResourceManager>();
				}

if (changed && Application.isPlaying)
					DontDestroyOnLoad(mInstance.gameObject);

return mInstance;
			}
		}
		static ResourceManager mInstance;

Also, you can get that fix and a few others by downloading v2.6.5a2 version from the beta folder.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 1 week ago #1310 by kylerwk
Thanks Frank! That fixed it right up!

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine