Supported Languages not showing in iTunes/XCode

More
8 years 2 months ago #1281 by actraiser
Hello,

I am using I2Localization v2.6.4b2 on Unity 5.3.2f1

I have the problem that the supported languages are not shown in iTunes or XCode. I did the Store Integration process as described in the documentation by simply clicking the Generate-Button in the Languages-Tab. I also notice an info.plist is generated in /Plugins/iOS (not with a capital "I" by the way as used in XCode).

I am not sure what is supposed to happen next. When building the project. The Unity-generated Info.plist in the created build does not show any entries from the I2-generated info.plist. Should those two be merged? If yes, may the different case-writing (info.plist vs Info.plist) be the problem?

Anyways, the languages are not listed in Xcode under Project/Build Settings (Is this even the right place to check?) and last but not least. iTunes only shows "English" in the Language information on the website when the app is released.

Am I not following the integration process correctly? Is there something else to do before-hand or after doing the Store Integration in the I2-languages tab?

Added some attachments showing my I2 Editor Window, iTunes Web and XCode Project Build Settings.

Best
-act
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #1283 by Frank
Hi,
The IOS integration its not quite ready, on some versions of Unity it was working and was failing in others (now that I think about it, it may have been working for 4.x and failing in 5.x)

I was trying to find a solution for that but had to move into doing some other urgent fixes. I will continue finishing the IOS integration as soon as possible.
As you are saying, the real problem is that the plist generated by I2L its not been merged. The "info" vs "Info" could be exactly why that's happening, nice catch!!!
I will try that as soon as I get back.

Nonetheless, if you want to give it a try asap, you could replace all info.plist by Info.plist in
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Languages.cs

And then, click the generate button to update the integration.

As soon as xcode gets the I2L Info.plist merged, you should see the list of supported languages populated with all the languages in the LanguageSource and itunes will show them when the IPA gets uploaded.

If you need to release your game asap and replacing the text in LocalizationEditor_Languages.cs doesn't work after you try it, then you could manually merging the files once the xcode project its generated.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 2 months ago #1285 by actraiser
Hi Frank, thank you for the explanation.I will go check if the files will auto-merge when renaming the file to Info,plist in your scripts. Otherwise I will try a manual merge as suggested. Thanks again!

-act

More
8 years 2 months ago #1286 by actraiser
Hi Frank,

FYI, renaming the filename in the scripts generated the correct Info.plist with capital "I" but it would not auto-merge with the Info.plist generated by Unity after building the project. Anyways, I have just copied the key/array portion with the languages manually into the final Info.plist.

I also had to add all supported languages one by one under the Project/General-Tab in XCode by the way like shown on the first attached screenshot. Not sure if this is obvious or even required, but it did not show all supported languages at start. Last but not least, I noticed that only some entries from the Localization Array in Info.plist get a "name when shown in XCode, other's don't. See second attachment. Maybe you know why or if this is a problem.

I submitted the new version now and will see in a few days if the correct languages show up in iTunes.

-act
Attachments:

More
8 years 2 months ago #1287 by actraiser
Last information as I noticed you can check on the store information right after submitting the build in iTunesConnect. So yes, the languages all show up now. Thanks again for pointing out a way to make it work.

-act
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine