wrong text component localized (UGUI)

More
8 years 2 months ago #1279 by stefano.cecere
hi
i have >300 terms in 8 languages (russian and chinese also, with several line breaks inside)

with 2.6.4 b2 under Unity 5.3.2 there are several UGUI text (with the Localize component)
its selects the wrong component.. and instead of translating the text component of the current game object (as i would expect) it translates ANOTHER game object!

i found that maybe it was cause because (to speed up the procedure) i did "copy" the Localize component and pasted to the other game object
could it be that it kept a hidden serialized reference to the former GO?

i can fix it just removing the Localize component and re-adding it fresh new

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #1282 by Frank
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue!

I won't be able to test this myself until later today when I get back, but, from looking at the svn copy of the of Localize.cs file, the target its a serialized entry, so if you copy/paste the component, it will keep its reference to the old gameObject.

The target its automatically detected whenever no one is selected, so you should be able to fix this by replacing the following line in the Localize.cs
public Object mTarget;

by
[System.NonSerialized] public Object mTarget;

I will double check this solution once I get back and will add it to the new beta.

Hope that helps!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 2 months ago #1284 by Frank
Hi,
I was able to verify the bug and I just added a new version (2.6.4 f1) to the beta folder fixing that, as well as the problem generating the Info.plist.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: stefano.cecere

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine