Checkbox in update notification doesn't work

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #1260 by ModernAlchemist
Popups are annoying. Please make the "Don't show up again" checkbox work.

I2L 2.6.4 b2, Unity 5.3.2
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by ModernAlchemist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #1261 by Frank
Hi,
I just double checked and "Notify of new versions" and "Notify of new betas" seems to be working as expected.

"Notify of new versions" will notify whenever there its a new version of the plugin in the AssetStore,
while "Notify of new betas" shows whenever there its a new version in the beta folder.

To make the AboutWindow never show, just uncheck both. Unchecking just the "Notify of new versions" will still show notifications whenever a new beta its shown (every week or so)

Another thing, its that those settings are stored using EditorPlayerPrefs, if you installed a new Unity version, that may have deleted the EditorPlayerPrefs and thats why the settings may have got reverted to the default. Can you please, let me know if that is the case of if your are actually experiencing a misbehavior of the about window?

Nonetheless, I see that it may be annoying for most users to get notifications of new betas by default, so I'm making the new I2L version have the "notify of new betas" disabled by default. Hope that helps making it less annoying and more useful for most users as it will still alert whenever a new version is approved in the AssetStore.

Hope that helps,
Frank

BTW. If you want to get rid of the about window and make sure it never shows, then you could delete the I2AboutWindow.cs .Nuke it!!

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 2 months ago #1267 by ModernAlchemist
I just realized I may have opened a project with an older version of I2L. I'll let you know if I still experience this behaviour. Thanks for the info.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine