All second terms are listed as missing

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #1258 by ModernAlchemist
We set all our labels to CanUseSecondaryTerm=false and TermSecondary="" but for some reason I2L believes we want to use the labels' fonts as a secondary term and lists all fonts as missing secondary terms. So now there are 150 missing terms named "Arial". And once I reopen the "Global source" all "Can use secondary term" are set to true again.

I2L 2.6.4 b2, Unity 5.3.2
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by ModernAlchemist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #1264 by Frank
Hi,
CanUseSecondaryTerm is set to True/False depending on the wherever that type of term (label, sprite, etc) can accept secondary translations. E.g. for labels it will be true as you can set of font, but for Prefabs it will be false.
That's why even if you change it, the plugin will revert to the term's type correct value.

For every unlocalized font, I2L will report it as missing (but as a warning, not an error, suggesting you that it may be a good idea to localize it).
However, it will show "Arial" just once in the list. Are you seeing 150 Arial terms in the language Source list, or you do you mean that you have 150 labels that when you click them, the secondary term says that its missing the font?

There its currently not a way to flag secondary terms to not show in the LanguageSource Missing's list. But I'm open to place a toggle o combobox to allow specifying if missing secondary terms should be listed or not. However, that inspector its pretty full at the moment.

I will try rearranging it a bit to add filter for that!
Thanks for the suggestion!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 2 months ago #1266 by ModernAlchemist
> That's why even if you change it, the plugin will revert to the term's type correct value.

I see, thanks for the clarification. The value should be private then I think.

> Are you seeing 150 Arial terms in the language Source list, or you do you mean that you have 150 labels that when you click them, the secondary term says that its missing the font?

In "Global language source" -> Terms -> "only show missing" I see one entry "Arial" with a number 150 left to it, meaning there are 150 labels which don't have their font translated. Which is correct. I just didn't know there were two term in the first place and wondered why 150 terms would still be missing until I realized that I2L counts secondary terms too.

> But I'm open to place a toggle o combobox to allow specifying if missing secondary terms should be listed or not.

How about a different /!\ icon indicating a secondary term with an additional message "These are just secondary terms and you can usually ignore them."

More
8 years 2 months ago #1271 by Frank

The value should be private then I think.

I would like to place it as private, but its a variable that needs to be accessed from outside the class (in the inspector), and there its no "friend" attribute in C# :-(
I also thought on marking it internal, but given that I2L its not a separated dll, then there its no point.

Nonetheless, I will add a comment to explain its purpose!

How about a different /!\ icon indicating a secondary term with an additional message "These are just secondary terms and you can usually ignore them."

That sounds great. I will see if I can add both things:
- Add an icon next to the secondary terms (or other way to differentiate them: e.g. underline them)
- Add another combobox with {"1st", "2nd", "both"} to select if you want to see only the primary, only the secondary or both in the list.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 2 months ago #1273 by ModernAlchemist
Well, I agree with that "the inspector is pretty full" so I don't think you should add more controls. If it's just a warning, nevermind my bug report and please just add a message or visual hint, but don't add more controls.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine