Bugs and feedback

More
8 years 4 months ago #1162 by ColtonH
Replied by ColtonH on topic Bugs and feedback
So I just installed Unity 5.3.0f4 on my Mac and imediately I was greeted with an error:
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/UpgradeManager.cs(76,102): error CS0619: `UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup.iPhone' is obsolete: `Use iOS instead (UnityUpgradable) -> iOS'

Along with other errors about BuildTargetGroup #25 not existing..

I guess they made BuildTargetGroup.Metro and BuildTargetGroup.iPhone obsolete, but the foreach loop in the EnablePlugins() Method in the Upgrade Manager gets the Obsolete BuildTargets, which causes an Error in EnablePluginsOnPlatform()
foreach (BuildTargetGroup target in System.Enum.GetValues(typeof(BuildTargetGroup))) 
				if (target != BuildTargetGroup.Unknown && target) {
					EnablePluginsOnPlatform (target);
				}

I commented out this loop and just hardcoded all the BuildTargetGroup Enum values as arguments of EnablePluginsOnPlatform Calls:
//### This is a total hack... iPhone and Metro are retrieved in foreach loop, so they need to be avoided.. but they cant be used AT ALL
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.Android);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.BlackBerry);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.GLESEmu);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.iOS);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.Nintendo3DS);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.PS3);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.PS4);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.PSM);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.PSP2);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.SamsungTV);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.Standalone);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.Tizen);
			//EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.tvOS);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.WebGL);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.WebPlayer);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.WiiU);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.WP8);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.WSA);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.XBOX360);
			EnablePluginsOnPlatform (BuildTargetGroup.XboxOne);

This is definitely not a very Elegant solution, but seems to work for now? I also was getting an error for sending tvOS as a Build Target... not sure why but I just commented that out for now.

Hope that can help, let me know if you come up with a more dynamic solution Frank!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1163 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Bugs and feedback
Hi,
I added a fix for that issue in version 2.6.2f2, but its still pending review.
Nonetheless, you can download it from the beta folder right away. Even better, there is 2.6.3 a1 also available :-)

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1175 by Sycobob
Replied by Sycobob on topic Bugs and feedback
I found a few more new ones for ya. This is in 2.6.3 a2.
  1. It looks like Terms with Categories aren't being exported to Google Drive spreadsheets. Only uncategorized terms are showing up.

2. If forward slashes are present in current text (e.g. on UILabel or Text components) when localizing a new object the text preceding the slash is interpreted as a Category. I'm not sure this makes the most sense, as you'd never be putting the category in the text of the Term itself. They're just an organizational tool. It's also fairly common to have slashes in the text itself. This isn't a big deal since it's easy to fix the Category, just a mild annoyance.

3. Spaces are inserted around some characters when translating. I've seen this happen with forward slashes and I haven't tested with other characters. These have to be manually stripped out. e.g. "please email ~/.config/unity3d/darkseas/" translates to "envíe un correo electrónico
    ~ / .config / Unity3D / darkseas / " in Spanish[/il]

4. Some non-alphanumeric characters are lost when localizing a component. e.g I have a UILabel with "Campaign+". When I press Localize All the results are "Campaign " and "Campaña " for English and Spanish respectively. Note the trailing space instead of the "+". Same thing with "#". I haven't tested any others.

5. The delete button for References on Localize scripts has no icon, it's unclear what it does before clicking it.
    i.imgur.com/FSCSW3B.png

6. The functionality where clicking the translated text in a Localize component automatically changes the localized text to the language clicked is pretty cool, but it tends to leave your game in a mix of different languages when working in the Editor. Obviously this goes away at play time, it's just kind of odd to be poking around through your GUI and seeing different languages all over the place, depending on where you clicked last in each Localize component. Perhaps it would be cleaner to go back to the default language when the translated text loses focus? This way it still instantly updates, which is very helpful, but then goes back to your preferred language when you're done. This is minor, just a thought.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Sycobob.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1176 by Frank

It looks like Terms with Categories aren't being exported to Google Drive spreadsheets. Only uncategorized terms are showing up.

Given that categories are used to organize the terms and make them easy to search, categorized terms are saved into a different sheet in the spreadsheet.
There will be one sheet per category. You can see the sheets at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

If forward slashes are present in current text (e.g. on UILabel or Text components) when localizing a new object the text preceding the slash is interpreted as a Category. I'm not sure this makes the most sense, as you'd never be putting the category in the text of the Term itself. They're just an organizational tool. It's also fairly common to have slashes in the text itself. This isn't a big deal since it's easy to fix the Category, just a mild annoyance.

You mean, when inferring the term from the text?
Its true that most of the time the user will not want the term to be automatically categorized in that case. But what do you think should be the generated term? Should I replace the \ by a - so that if the label's text its "Touch Up\Down" it create a term named "Touch Up-Down" ?

Spaces are inserted around some characters when translating. I've seen this happen with forward slashes and I haven't tested with other characters. These have to be manually stripped out. e.g. "please email ~/.config/unity3d/darkseas/" translates to "envíe un correo electrónico

Hmm, that its a problem with google translation. If you open translate.google.com and translate that sentence, it will add the spaces.
I will see if I can parse it out and remove the extra spaces.

Some non-alphanumeric characters are lost when localizing a component. e.g I have a UILabel with "Campaign+". When I press Localize All the results are "Campaign " and "Campaña " for English and Spanish respectively. Note the trailing space instead of the "+". Same thing with "#". I haven't tested any others.

I have to check this out, but most likely its a similar problem to the extra spaces between the simbols. Will check and let you know.

The delete button for References on Localize scripts has no icon, it's unclear what it does before clicking it.
i.imgur.com/FSCSW3B.png

its really weird that all unicode characters in your editors are not showing. Those buttons are up/down arrows used to arrange the elements when you have several objects in the list. I have yet to reproduce that issue in a computer to find why they are not showing for you.

The functionality where clicking the translated text in a Localize component automatically changes the localized text to the language clicked is pretty cool, but it tends to leave your game in a mix of different languages when working in the Editor. Obviously this goes away at play time, it's just kind of odd to be poking around through your GUI and seeing different languages all over the place, depending on where you clicked last in each Localize component. Perhaps it would be cleaner to go back to the default language when the translated text loses focus? This way it still instantly updates, which is very helpful, but then goes back to your preferred language when you're done. This is minor, just a thought.

I like that suggestion! As soon as you select a different object I will revert the localization preview, Nice!

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions, As soon as I get back home I will try finding a fix for them and post a new version!
Frank

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Frank.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1178 by Sycobob
Replied by Sycobob on topic Bugs and feedback

Frank wrote:

It looks like Terms with Categories aren't being exported to Google Drive spreadsheets. Only uncategorized terms are showing up.

Given that categories are used to organize the terms and make them easy to search, categorized terms are saved into a different sheet in the spreadsheet.
There will be one sheet per category. You can see the sheets at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

Ah, it seems exporting begins to fail silently if I remove "I2Loc" from the spreadsheet name. The Language Source prefab is still linked to the doc correctly, it just doesn't like it when that text is missing.

Frank wrote:

If forward slashes are present in current text (e.g. on UILabel or Text components) when localizing a new object the text preceding the slash is interpreted as a Category. I'm not sure this makes the most sense, as you'd never be putting the category in the text of the Term itself. They're just an organizational tool. It's also fairly common to have slashes in the text itself. This isn't a big deal since it's easy to fix the Category, just a mild annoyance.

You mean, when inferring the term from the text?
Its true that most of the time the user will not want the term to be automatically categorized in that case. But what do you think should be the generated term? Should I replace the \ by a - so that if the label's text its "Touch Up\Down" it create a term named "Touch Up-Down" ?

This seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Frank wrote:

Spaces are inserted around some characters when translating. I've seen this happen with forward slashes and I haven't tested with other characters. These have to be manually stripped out. e.g. "please email ~/.config/unity3d/darkseas/" translates to "envíe un correo electrónico

Hmm, that its a problem with google translation. If you open translate.google.com and translate that sentence, it will add the spaces.
I will see if I can parse it out and remove the extra spaces.

It's mildly annoying, but it's not a big deal. No one should be shipping with Google Translated text anyway. I wouldn't jump through hoops to clean up the auto-translated text personally.

Frank wrote:

The delete button for References on Localize scripts has no icon, it's unclear what it does before clicking it.
i.imgur.com/FSCSW3B.png

its really weird that all unicode characters in your editors are not showing. Those buttons are up/down arrows used to arrange the elements when you have several objects in the list. I have yet to reproduce that issue in a computer to find why they are not showing for you.

I'm using Windows 10 and the Dark editor skin for Unity. As far as I know I'm not running anything non-standard. Perhaps the font used for the Dark skin is incomplete? I'll see if I can find the font file and check it later tonight.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1179 by Frank

Ah, it seems exporting begins to fail silently if I remove "I2Loc" from the spreadsheet name. The Language Source prefab is still linked to the doc correctly, it just doesn't like it when that text is missing.

To avoid accessing all spreadsheet in your google drive, I'm just allowing to access the one whose name starts with "I2Loc ".

Nonetheless, if you want to remove that constraint or want to use a different prefix, you could change it by modifying the variable prefix variable in the WebService. Just open the WebService script, and you will see the variable right after the comments to describe the installation steps. Once modified, you just need to deploy it again.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine