Localize TextMesh Pro

More
8 years 5 months ago #1100 by yuewah
Localize TextMesh Pro was created by yuewah
For the latest I2, Localize TextMesh Pro only support changing Font Asset only, how to change with material together ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1101 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Localize TextMesh Pro
Hi,
When changing the TextMeshPro Font, the material associated with that font will be used.

I now modified the plugin to also allow changing the material without changing the TMFont.
Just override your file with the one I'm attaching and in the LanguageSource, create a term for the SecondaryTerm and assign Materials instead of TMFont.

I'm also adding this modification to the next version of the plugin.

Hope that helps,
Frank

File Attachment:

File Name: LocalizeTe...shPro.cs
File Size:3 KB

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago #1797 by adb
Replied by adb on topic Localize TextMesh Pro
This is a bit old and I see that the material support has been added to I2, however when dealing with Text Mesh Pro, I find that I need 3 things: the term translation, the font and the material. However I can only find Main and Secondary in the Localize component. Is there a way to unlock a Tertiary one? Or to bundle up Font+Material in one field?

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1798 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Localize TextMesh Pro
Hi,
The plugin uses the TextMesh Pro material presets, so if you specify a Material, it will automatically use the font used in that material.

E.g. If your material is "ARIAL SDF BOLD", then the plugin will use that material and also will change to the "ARIAL SDF" Font.

There is also another setup where you can specify the font and material by switching to a Text Secondary Term and setting ([ARIAL SDF]Arial SDF Bold), then adding those assets to the References section or Resources folder so that they could be found.

Nonetheless, the Material Preset way is recommended, as that follows the TextMesh Pro guidelines better.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Frank.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1930 by ekaralar
Replied by ekaralar on topic Localize TextMesh Pro
Hey there,

I have the following flow:
Some of the texts in my game has different materials. So setting the "Text Mesh Font" or "Material" as secondary term for translation does not work for me since it only allows one font or one material per language.

Not sure if anyone has similar scenario but I've made a small modification to DoLocalize_TMPUGUILabel(..) method to copy the original material properties to the target.

File Attachment:

File Name: changes.txt
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by ekaralar. Reason: Attachment

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine