#ERROR!

More
8 years 5 months ago #1083 by joaodeconto
#ERROR! was created by joaodeconto
No changes, everything working perfectly, suddenly all labels become: #ERROR!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1084 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic #ERROR!
Hi,
Can you please give more details so that I can find a solution for you?

Can you verify that the LanguageSource has the correct translations and texts?
It sounds to me like a synchronization issue, where there was a connection error and the source got corrupted.

Could you import/replace again from Google. That should reset the source.

If the source its ok, but you are still getting that, it could be that the Live Synchronization failed at some point and downloaded a corrupted stream into the PlayerPrefs.
Could you try deleting all player prefs, that should solve it if thats the case.

Also, its that project using I2L 2.5 or 2.6 ?
If you recently updated to 2.6, remember that you have to also install the new WebService as this version modified it.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Frank.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1085 by joaodeconto
Replied by joaodeconto on topic #ERROR!
2.6.0f2, new webService, suddenly worked... it seems to be a random issue, as you said, probably synchronization.
Some more info - using over 250 terms, same source, 19 languages. Is it acceptable?

This time it happened on editor, but already had the same issue on a mobile build,so, let me extend the question:

How can I release an app without the live sync, only based on the txt local file?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by joaodeconto. Reason: more info.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1086 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic #ERROR!
Hi
Over the past hour I have been running stress test trying to reproduce any synchronization issue.

I let a build continuously download the data from google and every now and them I stopped the wifi either from the device or the router. But I haven't been able to get any problem with the latest build and webService.

My test was with a couple language sources and both have over 4000 terms and 30 languages just to be sure.

I will continue stress testing it to see if I can get any unhandled error.

Another problem I see its if you were previously in 2.5 and upgraded to 2.6. The playerPrefs didn't get cleaned, so they had the old format and that could have made it fail. Cleaning the PlayerPrefs in the computer and deleting the game in the device before doing another build, should fix that for good.

Nonetheless, if you want to disable Live Synchronization, Just go to the I2Languages.prefab and in the Google tab, make "Auto Update Frequency" to be "None"

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: joaodeconto

More
8 years 5 months ago #1087 by joaodeconto
Replied by joaodeconto on topic #ERROR!
Ok, it seems reasonable, I've purchased at 2.6, and do clear the editor prefs regularly, but not this time when the error happened. I can't guarantee that when it happened on the build I uninstalled the game, even if I do it every time, this time I could have forgotten. Also, had no report from users, so it's more a concern than a problem.

Thanks again, the plugin is incredibly handy and awesome support.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine