Imported strings from Google have unwanted quotes

More
8 years 6 months ago #1032 by wtrebella
When I import strings from a Google Sheet, if the string has quotes in it (doesn't matter where), the I2 imported string will have the correct quotes, but will also have quotes at the beginning and end of it. If the string doesn't have quotes, then I2 doesn't add any. I want to be able to have my strings imported with just the quotes I have in the sheet, without the extra rogue quotes at the beginning and end. Any ideas?

Here's a pic for a much better explanation:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1033 by Frank
Hi,

Sorry for this regression. The problem is happening because of a change in the way the plugin read the CSV data.
I will post a fix as soon as I get back.

Sorry for the inconveniences,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 6 months ago #1034 by wtrebella
Thanks Frank! No worries. Just bought the plugin the other day and it's super awesome, and thanks for your quick response :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #1036 by Frank
Hi,
I tried reproducing this issue in the latest 2.6.0 version of the plugin but it is working correctly for me.

I tested with several texts in google and in a CSV file, but I was unable to reproduce it.
Are you using the latest AssetStore version from the assetstore, or are you using an old one? Its the latest WebService installed (you can click Verify to see if its up to date)

If you are on the latest version and still seeing this issue. Could you please, export the terms that fail into a CSV file, and send it to me so that I could try importing it.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 6 months ago #1037 by wtrebella
Huh, that's so weird. I'm on 2.6.0 f1. I'm using the Asset Store version. When I verify the WebService, it gives me a green checkmark.

I've exported three of the terms that are getting the extra quotes added: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4357604/I2Lo...zation%20Strings.csv

Let me know if you can recreate it!

Thanks!
Whit

More
8 years 6 months ago #1044 by wtrebella
Any updates on this?

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine