Google-based Spreadsheet keeps resetting source

More
8 years 7 months ago #1000 by fsg_andrew
Hi there,

We recently updated to the latest version of I2 Localization (2.6.0f) and have also updated the web-service for our language source. For some strange reason since we updated if we updated manually through the editor via the replace button, the terms are saved correctly. If, however, in-game the plugin does the Import check to see if we should refresh the terms, the response it gets in the www.text is an empty string. From my understanding this is using the version to check whether it should update. In fact if we use a force update (which to my understanding is what the editor is doing) the response is correct. For now I have added a quick mod which saves the version as zero (which forces an update every time) but I was wondering whether there is a better solution.

Thanks and regards,

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1002 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks for reporting that issue.
On version 2.6.0, the webservice is not longer sending a JSON file for updates, so the result is now an empty string (depending on the webservice version).

To fix the issue you can add "string.IsNullOrEmpty(JsonString) || " to the first condition of the Import_Google_Result function
(file: Language_Source_Import_Google.cs line 129)

It should look like:
		public string Import_Google_Result( string JsonString, eSpreadsheetUpdateMode UpdateMode )
		{
			string ErrorMsg = string.Empty;
			if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(JsonString) || JsonString == "\"\"")
			{
				Debug.Log ("Language Source was up to date");
				return ErrorMsg;
			}

I also added the fix in 2.7.0 b1 which can be downloaded from the release folder.

Thanks!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: fsg_andrew

More
8 years 7 months ago #1003 by fsg_andrew
Thanks for the prompt reply and fix ;)

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine