Localizing only Font

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #919 by Stiv
Localizing only Font was created by Stiv
Hi,

I was just wondering if localizing only the font is supported?

A common scenario I have is that I might have a label (in this case TextMesh Pro) that is a score. Obviously score does not need to be localized but for consistency I want it to use the same font as all the other labels that are localized.

What I have tried doing is leaving the Main term blank and just setting the font as the secondary term. But the value I set to the label directly (through .text) is sometimes wiped out by the Localize script.

So I'm just wondering if what I'm trying to do is officially supported or if I should look at having my own script when I only want to localize font.

Cheers,
Steve
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Stiv.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #934 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Localizing only Font
Hi,
I'm really sorry for the delay in answering, I read this post and decided to verify that behavior but I took me some time to fix a bug in the translation and by the time I finished, I forgot I haven't answered this. I'm really sorry and will try that doesn't happen again :(

The plugin didn't support modifying only the Font and skipping the main translation, but I don't see a case where the main translation should be kept empty, so I modified the plugin in a way that if the MainTranslation is empty, then only the font changes.

I added the changes to 2.6.0 b6 which you can download from the beta community.

Hope that helps, and again, sorry I missed this post!!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 8 months ago #936 by Stiv
Replied by Stiv on topic Localizing only Font
Sorry I'm also slow replying, I was only able to test 2.6.0 b6 today.

But it looks like your change fixed my issues, so thanks again for the fantastic support!

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine