Get Term Translation in Editor

More
8 years 8 months ago #903 by adamliu
Hi, I just want to know if there's a way to get the translation in the editor, because I want to generate some xml that uses the translation. I tried to use GetTermTranslation(), seems it doesn't work. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #904 by Frank
Hi,
To access the translation from a custom editor/inspector, you need to first load the LanguageSources if they are not already loaded. And then you can access the mTerms and mLanguages variables inside the source:
LocalizationManager.UpdateSources();                               // If the sources are not loaded yet, this will load them

var languageSource = LocalizationManager.Sources[0];   // This is the I2Languages.prefab. Any other source in the Globals Source array or the scene 
                                                                                                        // will also be in the array

// languageSource.Languages is an array with all the languages <name and code>
// languageSource.mTerms  is an array with all the terms and its translations

foreach (TermData data in languageSource.mTerms)
{
     Debug.Log( data.Term );     // Key

//  Print all translatiosn for this term
     foreach (var translation in data.Languages )
           Debug.Log(translation);
}

I tried to use GetTermTranslation(), seems it doesn't work

What do you mean by "it doesn't work"?
If you try getting the GetTermTranslation(xx) where xx is a valid term it should return the translation for the current language or the first one.
If in the editor, you may need to add a LocalizationManager.UpdateSources() before calling that function.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 8 months ago #905 by adamliu
Yeah guess it's because the UpdateSources() thing. I didn't call it before I call LocalizationManager.GetTermTranslation. So when I called LocalizationManager.Sources.Count, the result is 0. But after I saw your reply I called LocalizationManager.Sources.Count again, and it become 1... Now the problem is solved. Thanks you.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine