Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Google Real Time Translation Error

Google Real Time Translation Error 3 years 3 weeks ago #891

  • pchui38
  • pchui38's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: 0
Dear Sir,

I have been using the Google realtime language translation of your Unity asset - I2 Localisation product for last few months &
it have been working great :)

However, I have tested the translation feature on my Unity Android app today & there was nothing showing up on the translated text,
so I opened the log reporter & found there's an error shown as below:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
ipv4.google.com/sorry/indexRedirect?cont...%3Den%26vi%3Dc%26ie%....... and so on.

Because I have never experienced this error below, I am just wondering if this error is issued by Google as they rejected the translation request?

Hoping that you can possibly help to look into the issue.

Many Thanks & Regards,
Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Google Real Time Translation Error 3 years 2 weeks ago #898

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1112
  • Thank you received: 234
  • Karma: 68
Hi,
I was able to track down the issue. It seems that the URL I'm using for translating with google is now set to "unsupported" in Unity because of a weird character :dry:
As soon as I get back I will update the URL to a nicer one and submit a fix.

Thanks for reporting this issue,
Frank
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pchui38

Google Real Time Translation Error 3 years 2 weeks ago #902

  • pchui38
  • pchui38's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: 0
Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply & looking into the Translation URL issue.

In fact, this issue is happening on the Android & iOS version, not when running on the Unity Editor in PC / Mac.

I have attached the images showing the realtime translation example: After typing in the text & press enter, there's nothing showing the message box in Android / iOS. The error log shows "Java.io.exception.. or URL not found" errors etc. Tested on the I2 Localisation Plugin's translation example & it works on the Editor in PC, but not on Android & iOS. However, I have found that the earlier build on iOS has no problem. Hence, I am not sure if this is due to the invalid URL.

It is very much appreciated if you can look into the URL if this is cause of the issue and submit a fix.

Many Thanks & Regards,
Peter
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by pchui38. Reason: Adding the screenshots for the Error findings
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Google Real Time Translation Error 3 years 2 weeks ago #923

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1112
  • Thank you received: 234
  • Karma: 68
Hi,
Sorry for the lack of update, I have been working on this issue and testing different alternatives.
It seems that the translate call is failing as the url is redirecting and when on mobile, the redirect is failing.

At this moment I'm not sure if its because Google changed the way it shows the translate web, or if unity modified the www implementation/have a regression.

Nonetheless, I had a feature on my todo list to allow the WebService to do the translations instead of contacting the google web directly. That has the benefits that you can do several translations at the same time, even for different languages.
The idea for that feature was to be used in a "Translate All" button to avoid contacting google for each translation, which is slow for translating a term for every language, but its super slow for translating ALL terms in the language source into ALL languages :dry:

So, seeing that realtime translations was failing, and went ahead and implemented that feature into the WebService. It works Way Way Way faster for multiple translations.

I'm going to do a few more tests for the redirection and if nothing pans out, I will add this feature into the latest beta.

Sorry for this delay!!
Frank
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pchui38

Google Real Time Translation Error 3 years 2 weeks ago #926

  • pchui38
  • pchui38's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: 0
Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for looking into this issue for us.

The realtime translation has been working fine two weeks' ago & we discovered this issue last Monday.

Since we haven't updated our version on Unity 5, the www implementation should remain the same.
Hence, I think that it's more likely Google has changed the way it shows the translate web.

If the WebService feature is working fine, it would be nice to replace the current realtime translation feature.
Anyway, we just need to translate from one language to another language in real time, so it would be nice to
include this feature into the WebService as well.

Have a nice weekend & Thanks again for keeping up the effort in updating this great localization product.

Best Regards,
Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Colors