adding a new language, any way to mass apply?

More
8 years 10 months ago #689 by windsagio
We're adding russian to our project and have a custom font selected.

Going through the tutorial it looks like we need to apply the secondary field to term.

We have a large number of terms already and I'd like to avoid manually changing each one, is there any way to do this?

As an addendum, is there, similarly, a way to quickly add auto-translate terms to all the existing fields?

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #690 by windsagio
It looks like there's some smart handling of the font issue, I'm getting Cyrillic without doing any extra settings :D

More
8 years 10 months ago #692 by Frank

It looks like there's some smart handling of the font issue, I'm getting Cyrillic without doing any extra settings :D

Haha, yes, the process was made even simpler.

You just need to create a term in the LanguageSource for localizing the Font (e.g. Name: "Arial", and select the font for each language).
Then, each label automatically tries to find the term that is named like the font name and apply the translated font.

That way, you don't have to select the secondary term for each label, just create the term for the font you use in the editor and the plugin handles the rest :-)

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: windsagio

More
8 years 10 months ago #696 by windsagio
Its beautiful:D

Any ideas on term-autofill, or is that a manual job?

More
8 years 10 months ago #700 by Frank
By auto-fill do you mean to add a button that translate to all languages that don't have a translation yet?
I mean, a button to avoid having to click Translate for each of the languages?

That has been on my todo list for a while. Even more than that, I want to add a similar button to the Language Source so that it auto-translate to all languages that you haven't add a translation yet. A similar thing for when you add a new language. So that by default you get the translation of all terms.

I have been holding that as I wanted to also add a flag to the translation to know when they have been added by a Human Translator or when they have been Auto-translated by Google Translator. Now for I2L version 3 I changed the structure where the translations are stored and added this flag, so its the perfect time to add that feature!

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 10 months ago #715 by windsagio
Yeah that's what I was asking for, nice! :D

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine