Execution of authentication request returned..404

More
4 years 6 months ago #667 by haikugames
I just got an issue with I2 Localization where it says "Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result 404". I believe this is related to Oath 1.0 not being supported anymore. See the issue here. code.google.com/p/google-apps-script-iss...ssues/detail?id=5101

Obviously this is a major blocker for us! :) Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #668 by Frank
Hi,
Can you describe me how you got that error.
The plugin doesn't authenticate directly with google so you shouldn't receive that error. To handle the communication with google, the plugin uses a WebService that its installed in your google drive.
The only way I could foresee of getting that error its if you installed the webService but didn't authorized it.

Can you please, check that you have installed the latest version of the plugin (2.4.5) and that the web service is installed. Also, remember you have to follow the installation steps to authenticate the WebService.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #670 by haikugames
Hi,

I had a previous version of the plugin (2.2 I believe), so I think that is why I have the error. It does not use the WebService strategy. (It was working for the last 3 months, but just stopped working today.)

I see 2.4.5 f3 on the Asset Store. I try to download and update but it turns out that the language sources still has the old Google spreadsheet import. It could be an issue with updating the app on my side. I am also on Unity 4.6.3 so I'm not sure if that is the root of the problem. I sent you an email with my invoice to access the early versions of the build, and I hope that will solve this problem.

Thanks for the quick response!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #672 by Frank
Yes, version 2.2 used the old approach which I later changed to the webService version as Google started deprecating those methods.

To convert the spreadsheets from version 2.2 to version 2.4.5, you should open the spreadsheet in your google drive and export it as a CSV file.
Then, after you install version 2.4.5, just import the CSV into your language source and export it google.

That will generate the updated spreadsheet (type and desc will be shown as notes).

Please, note that to upgrade the plugin, you should delete the I2 folder and then import the new version!

Hope that helps!
Frank

BTW, I just send you an invite to the beta group!

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #673 by haikugames
Great - I'm happy to report I got it all working by upgrading and using the web service. Thanks for the support!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine