The google spreadsheet import not updating prefab

More
8 years 11 months ago #630 by Zoltrix
Hello, I was using the google spreadsheet import (replace) function and it worked fine. However recently it does not update the prefab and just says "Language Source was up to date" in the log, while the google spreadsheet is different. I tried merging, replacing, merging from app to google but nothing makes it pull the new data from google drive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #631 by Frank
Hi,
I have seen that before. Please check the time stamp in the spreadsheet file on the google drive.

What happens is that sometimes changes in the spreadsheet doesn't modify the "modified date" property, so the plugin checks the spreadsheet and sees that there is nothing new to download as the timestamp matches the one it last downloads.

On the WebService I have some code to overcome that issue by using some extended services from google that are able to get more accurate time. However, using those services have a lower daily use limit so it wont be a good idea for when you have lot of players contacting google. So that section of the code is commented out.

The workaround for that issue I have been using so far, is that whenever that happens (which fortunately is rarely) I just open the spreadsheet, make a few modification, close it, open it again, revert those modification, and then I verify that the modified date has changed. After that, the game is able to download the new updates.

Please, check to see if that's your case. If not, I will try reproducing that issue.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 11 months ago #632 by Zoltrix
Hey Frank,
thanks for the quick reply!

Yeah I tried to use the web service url with my spreadsheet key manually and i was getting " " as a response which is why i was getting "up to date message".

I followed your advice and verified that the spreadsheet revision list updated and the timestamp changed. However I still get the " " instead of the spreadsheet data...

What is that I can uncomment to pull the data with more accurate time? I can comment it back then. The game is not going to pull translations in real time anyway. Just some dev usage...

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #633 by GLeBaTi
Hello Today, faced with the same problem. Maybe something has changed in scripts.google.com. Solutions are not found until export tables from googledocs as CVS and imported it into I2 (local)

Keys,Type,Desc,Russian (Russia) [ru-RU],English (United States)
_static_login_bnLogin,Text,,Логин,Login
_static_price,Text,,Цена,Price

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by GLeBaTi.

More
8 years 11 months ago #635 by Zoltrix
I can't really use CSV export because I have categories and google ignores those.

Fred, what can be done to fix this? A web service change?

More
8 years 11 months ago #636 by dchau_hh
I'm having this problem as well now.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine