i2Localization Example fails for NGUI 3.8.0

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #545 by KasparLund
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
I2.Loc.Localize.DoLocalize_UISprite (System.String MainTranslation, System.String SecondaryTranslation) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Targets/LocalizeNGUI.cs:103)
I2.Loc.Localize.OnLocalize () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Localize.cs:146)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.LocalizeAll () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:151)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.SetLanguageAndCode (System.String LanguageName, System.String LanguageCode, Boolean RememberLanguage) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:61)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.set_CurrentLanguage (System.String value) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:20)
I2.Loc.LanguagePopup.OnValueChange () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Examples/Targets/NGUI/Scripts/LanguagePopup.cs:25)
EventDelegate.Execute () (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Internal/EventDelegate.cs:476)
EventDelegate.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list) (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Internal/EventDelegate.cs:644)
UIPopupList.TriggerCallbacks () (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Interaction/UIPopupList.cs:341)
UIPopupList.set_value (System.String value) (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Interaction/UIPopupList.cs:239)
I2.Loc.LanguagePopup.Start () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Examples/Targets/NGUI/Scripts/LanguagePopup.cs:20)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #546 by Frank
Hi,
A few versions ago NGUI changed their example scenes and its atlases. That made the NGUI example scene of the I2 Localization to loose the references to those atlases.

That was corrected on version 2.4.4f1 which is now available on the store. I just double checked by importing NGUI 3.8.0 and I2 Localization 2.4.4f1 directly from the store in an empty project and its working fine for me.

Can you please update the I2 Localization and if you still find issues with the example scene, please, let me know.
Also, are you using Unity 5 or Unity 4?

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: KasparLund

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #547 by KasparLund
Thanks i should have checked for updates before rasing the issue.
it works now ;)

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #548 by Frank
Awesome!
Another good news is that version 2.4.4 introduces a plugin manager (Tools\I2 Localization\About),
That will automatically notify you whenever a new version is released (either in the AssetStore or in the beta group).

Also it has links to useful information and videos.

Hope you find it useful,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine