Supported languages in app details in App store?

More
8 years 4 months ago #1166 by MooseMouse
Hi,

I was wondering what the status of this feature is, as I am running into the same situation that the App Store only believes the game is localized in English when I've used I2 to localize to 10+ languages. Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1168 by Frank
Hi,
On this last version (2.6.2 f1) I added Store integration to the plugin.

It still only integrates with Android, but IOS is the next platform I'm integrating. I should have it ready by tomorrow and then I will upload a new version to the beta folder so that you could use it.

The way it works now for android (and how it will work for IOS) is that whenever a language is added/removed, the plugin checks the settings (strings.xml in android or plist in IOS) and shows if all languages are exposed, if they aren't, then a Generate button is shown to update the settings.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
8 years 4 months ago #1171 by MooseMouse
Thanks a ton! I'm making an iOS build now so the new beta will come in handy!

More
8 years 4 months ago #1172 by Frank
Hi,
I just finished implementing the IOS Store Integration and uploaded a new version (2.6.3a2) to the beta folder.
Now both, the IOS and Android integration should work correctly.

Hope that helps,
Frank

More
8 years 4 months ago #1174 by MooseMouse
Hi Frank,

I just installed 2.6.3a2 and made an iOS build. But there is not any localization in the info.plist. I am under the impression that the new version adds localization info to the info.plist. Is that correct? If so, I believe the it is not working correctly.

I pressed the generated button and the green "X" next to iOS turned into a green checkmark, so I believe I did that part correctly. Please let me know what you think might be going on.

Thanks!

More
8 years 4 months ago #1177 by Frank
Hi,
I have been trying to reproduce the issue but without success. If the button changes to the green checkmark its because it definitively adds the localization to the plist.
What I'm guessing its that some other plugin you have installed, its modifying the info.plist file (some prime31 and other IOS plugins do that).
Could you verify that the languages are listed at the end of the Plugins\iOS\info.plist file but then when building the info.plist that ends up in the xcode project looses that part?
If thats the case, then I will try moving that flow into a postprocessing step.

Thanks,
Frank

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine