Supported languages in app details in App store?

More
9 years 1 month ago #485 by Chufraise
Hi!
Let me first just say thanks for a great plugin!

We are about to build a Release Candidate of our game, and I just realized something I hadn't thought about:

What I've learned is that when building native iOS-apps you normaly bundle .lproj files with all supported languages, and that also ensures that App store lists the supported languages in the app details sections, right?

How does that work with I2 Localization? Do I provide dummy-localization-files in the Xcode-project for each language? Or what is the best practice regarding this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #486 by Frank
Hi!
Congrats on your game!

What I've learned is that when building native iOS-apps you normaly bundle .lproj files with all supported languages, and that also ensures that App store lists the supported languages in the app details sections, right?

Yes, As far as I know there is no other way to do it.
For the appstore to list a language as "supported", you need to include the xx.lproj folder for that language. Even a dummy one will do the trick as far as its added to xcode.

How does that work with I2 Localization? Do I provide dummy-localization-files in the Xcode-project for each language? Or what is the best practice regarding this?

At this moment the I2 Localization doesn't make the folders automatically. If you want the supported languages to be listed, you need to create the appropiate folders and add them to the xcode project.

However, I'm adding now a few features that involve modifying the xcode project, so I will try adding this feature as well so that every language that is added to a language source be listed in the appstore as well.

Thanks!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chufraise

More
9 years 1 month ago #487 by Chufraise

However, I'm adding now a few features that involve modifying the xcode project, so I will try adding this feature as well so that every language that is added to a language source be listed in the appstore as well.

That would be awesome! Looking forward to it.

Thanks Frank!

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #519 by Chufraise
Oh, in case anyone else is thinking about this. Easiest way to bundle the supported languages with the app is just to add them to the info.plist. No need to hassle with empty lproj-folders...
<key>CFBundleLocalizations</key>
	<array>
		<string>en</string>
		<string>fr</string>
		<string>it</string>
		<string>de</string>
		<string>es</string>
	</array>

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #522 by Frank
Awesome, that's even easier!
I will add that change into the I2 Localization as soon as possible!

Thanks!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #523 by Chufraise
Cool, thanks Frank!

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine