Is there any scripting api?

More
9 years 2 months ago #466 by InkHawk
I need 2 features:
1. String format, a lot of time the text is not only just text, it also contains data.
for example:
String.Format("This talent called {0}, it deals {1} damage.",talentName,damage);
Any easy way to do this?

2. Any way to load spread sheet dynamicly? For support mods, I would like the moders can create mods without unity. Therefor I need a way to load the mod texts on fly.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #467 by InkHawk
Replied by InkHawk on topic Is there any scripting api?
BTW, I'm using uGUI

More
9 years 2 months ago #468 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Is there any scripting api?

1. String format, a lot of time the text is not only just text, it also contains data.
for example:
String.Format("This talent called {0}, it deals {1} damage.",talentName,damage);
Any easy way to do this?

If you are accessing the translation from an script, you could do:

string text = I2.Loc.ScriptLocalization.Get("MyKEY"); // e.g. "This talent called {0}, it deals {1} damage."
string newText = String.Format(text,talentName,damage);

However, I2 Localization provides a way to automatize that by allowing to modify the translations by using callbacks.
Check this out:
forum.unity3d.com/threads/i2-localizatio.../page-2#post-1880413
www.inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localiza...ctly-from-scripts#55

The basic idea is that you can assign a Localize component to the Text object and set it to call a function whenever it gets a translation assigned. You can then, modify the translation as you need, which allows you having parameters.
For example:

public void OnModifyLocalization()
{
if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(Localize.MainTranslation))
return;

Localize.MainTranslation = Localize.MainTranslation.Replace("{PLAYER_NAME}", PlayerName);
}

The most common usage of this is to create a function that replaces ALL your parameters (PLAYER_NAME, SCORE, COINS, etc) Then whenever you need to translate something with parameters, you just assign that function as the callback.

The Example scene "UnityStandard Localization" contains a text that uses callbacks.

2. Any way to load spread sheet dynamicly? For support mods, I would like the moders can create mods without unity. Therefor I need a way to load the mod texts on fly.

LanguageSource source = LocalizationManager.Sources[0];

string CSVstring = LocalizationReader.ReadCSVfile (FileName);

string sError = source.Import_CSV( string.Empty, CSVstring, eSpreadsheetUpdateMode.Replace);

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine