`System.IO.File' does not contain a definition....

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #454 by tman1978
I installed 2.4.0 yesterday but found that I could no longer do a web build. I was previously using 2.3.0, which worked fine for web deployments. Hoping that it would resolve my web build problem, I upgraded to 2.4.0 f2 from the Asset Store. However, that made things worst. Now my code won't even build in the editor. It failed with the following error:
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationReader.cs(89,55): error CS0117: `System.IO.File' does not contain a definition for `ReadAllText'

Please help.

Unity 4.6.1
I2 2.4.0 f2
Win 8.1
WebPlayer
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by tman1978.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #455 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks for reporting that issue. It is fixed on 2.4.1 a2 that can be downloaded from the I2 Community.

Nonetheless, I'm attaching the LocalizationReader.cs with the updated code. By replacing the file that v2.4.0 installs by this one, it will fix the issue.

Thank,
Frank

Attachment LocalizationReader.zip not found

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Frank.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #456 by tman1978
The file you provided enabled me to get past the build error in the web player. However, it seems to have introduced a new problem. My "On Localize Call" functions no longer get called.

EDIT:

They no longer get called in the editor but they do get called if I build and run in a web browser.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by tman1978.

More
9 years 2 months ago #457 by Frank
Hi,
That its a regression introduced by the new feature that allows you to click on the languages to see if they fit in the label

(i.e. On The localize component, if you click on the translations, the label is changed into that text, so that by clicking one at a time you see how all the languages fit in your interface)

You can solve that by using the Attached file, on downloading version 2.4.1 a3

Thanks,
Frank

Attachment EventCallback.zip not found

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine