Imported spreadsheet does not get saved

More
9 years 2 months ago #446 by tman1978
Hi folks,

I set up my project to use the Google spreadsheet feature. I added my localizations to the Google spreadsheet then did an import (replace). The localizations showed up in the editor and when I ran my game all of my localizations showed up correctly. However, when I closed then reopened Unity, all of my imported localizations were gone. They had not been saved in the localization prefab. I did the import again and observed the same behavior after I closed and reopened Unity. I was able to get around the problem by Importing from Google, then exporting to CSV file, then importing the CSV file. Only then did my translations get saved to the localization prefab.

Has anyone seen this issue before? This is my first time using the Google spreadsheet.

Unity 4.6.1
I2 2.3.0
Windows 8.1

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #447 by Frank
Hi,

You should install 2.4.0. There were several fixes for that and related issues on 2.3.1 and 2.3.2. Finally on 2.4.0 part of that section was rewritten.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
9 years 2 months ago #448 by tman1978
I haven't tried 2.4.0 as yet. I'm stuck on 2.3.0 because there was a problem when I tried to use 2.3.2 with the current released version of TextMesh Pro. Would you happen to know off hand if 2.4.0 works with the currently released version of TextMesh Pro (0.1.44)?

More
9 years 2 months ago #449 by Frank
Hi,
The current version supports the TextMeshPro v0.1.46 B3.3. But if you are using the official 0.1.44 and unity 4.6 or higher you will get compile errors, as the latest TextMeshPro adds TextMeshProUGUI

I will add a condition in the next version to allow disabling localizing that object if you are not using the v0.1.46

But you could install 2.4.0 and make the following changes to make it compile fine:

I2\Localization\Scripts\Targets\LocalizeTextMeshPro.cs
Modify the beggining to make it look like:
using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

// ADD THIS -----------------
namespace TMPro
{
	class TextMeshProUGUI : TextMeshPro
	{
	}
}
// ---------------------------------------

namespace I2.Loc
{

That should fix the compile errors.
I will correct this for next version and add a conditional to automatically detect if you are using the official or the beta version of TextMeshPro

Thanks,
Frank

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #450 by tman1978
I upgraded to 2.4.0 and made the change to LocalizeTextMeshPro.cs that you suggested but it resulted in a new error:
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Tools_NoLocalized.cs(83,31): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `TextMeshProUGUI' does not exist in the namespace `TMPro'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

EDIT:

I've gotten past the errors by upgrading to text mesh pro 0.1.46 B3.3.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by tman1978.

More
9 years 2 months ago #451 by Frank
Hi,
I just updated the plugin to support TextMeshPro v0.1.44 and 0.1.46 B3.3

That fix is included in v2.4.1a1 which can be downloaded from the I2 community.

Thanks!
Frank

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine