Possibility to have access to an enum with term ids

More
4 years 4 months ago #4008 by cgascons
Hi!

Just downloaded this asset from the Store, kudos to the team by the way, so far so good!
I'd like to know though if it's possible to access an enum with the term ids, something similar to what we have when we create a Localize Dropdown script in a component.

We basically need to assign to each of our item definitions a Term ID for the name and for its description. Each of these definitions are scriptable objects, we should be able to select a Term ID from a Dropdown on the inspector, making sure this way we don't make any typos.

Is this possible? I'm sorry beforehand if I missed this information in the Documentation, I've tried to make sure to read it a couple of times but I can't seem to find anything related.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #4009 by cgascons
Nevermind, just found the solution myself. In case anybody runs into the same question in the future, using "LocalizedString" worked for me.

Thanks again!

More
4 years 4 months ago #4010 by Frank
Hi,

Aside LocalizedStrings there are a couple more ways to avoid typos in the scripts:

1- Baking terms into scripts
inter-illusion.com/assets/I2Localization...riptsforsaferac.html

2- Using the attribute [TermsPopup] to convert the string inspector into a term's dropdown list.
e.g. [TermsPopup] public string MyTerm;

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #4011 by cgascons
Hi Frank, this does indeed help, thanks for the tips!

I'm already using baked terms for my in-game code but for the inspector I'm now wondering whether to use the TermsPopup solution you provided or not.

I was happy using the "LocalizedStrings" solution but now you made me doubt on which one is the best to use (efficiency speaking).

I understand that my current solution already returns the string localized, while the TermsPopup would only return the TermId which I would have to localize manually, right? I've noticed that, since I'm serializing all this data, perhaps the TermsPopup solution is better since it's only storing the TermId, while the LocalizedString stores more info such as: mRTL_IgnoreArabicFix, mRTL_MaxLineLength, etc...

Also, as a side note, I'm noticing that the LocalizedString attribute displays something funky at the right of the component (while the TermsPopup doesn't) is this intended? I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by cgascons.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine