Unity 2019.3

More
4 years 4 months ago #3998 by GuruGurra
Replied by GuruGurra on topic Unity 2019.3
A downgrade is definitely not an option, too many changes are made to the project in the upgrade to 2019.3

I was desperate to get something that is at least possible to build, and in lack of response from the developer I made the necessary changes myself (GUIText => UI.Text, GUITexture => Texture) and it seems to work OK.

If anyone else is as desperate as I was, I can share my changes, but a much better solution would be if the developer released a version that is compatible with 2019.3...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #3999 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Unity 2019.3
Hi,
There is no file LocalizeTarget_UnityStandard_GUIText.cs in the current assetstore version of the I2 Localization.
In that release, I remove all the GUITexture, GUIText, etc from I2 Localization.

Be sure to download the latest version from inside unity 2019.3 so that it gets the appropriate package.
If after updating, you still have issues with GUIText, etc, it means that unity didn't remove in your local projects the files I deleted.

To fix this, delete the I2 folder and install the plugin again, that will remove all that is not needed and install a fresh copy of the plugin.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
4 years 4 months ago #4000 by GuruGurra
OK. I checked that I had the latest version but couldn't imagine that there were files left from an earlier version.

I did as you recommended - deleted the I2 folder and re-installed the plugin. Now all my terms are gone and I have a completely blank list of items...

More
4 years 4 months ago #4001 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Unity 2019.3
All your terms are stored in the I2Languages.asset which is stored in Assets\Resources.
If you delete the Assets/I2 folder, you still have all your terms, just open that asset and I2 Localization will recognize them.

If for some reason, you have 2 I2Languages.asset in different folders, just delete the one that doesn't have any term.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
4 years 4 months ago #4002 by GuruGurra
I had it linked to a Google sheet and it lost that link when I re-installed the plugin. I eventually found the terms but they were all under the "Missing" tab in the inspector.

I managed to restore the Google sheet link and imported the latest version and I think I'm OK now. *phew*

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine