Not Used Terms... Are Being Used

More
9 years 1 month ago #435 by blindgoat
Greetings! Great plugin! We love it so far!

When I go to the "Terms" tab of the I2Languages prefab, and select "Not Used" terms, I see terms that ARE being used. They have Localize components added to them and languages set, etc. What am I missing here? see the attached images.

Thanks!
blindgoat
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #436 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks! I'm glad you have found the plugin useful!

Regarding the Unused terms:
Whenever you click on the LanguageSource, it parses the current scene and finds all Localize components, then it registers how many times each the terms in the source has been used.
However, there are a few things that could make the counter not to show the right number:

1- If the Localize object is in a prefab, it will not be parsed. It has to be a part of the CURRENT scene.

2- Up to version 2.3.2. Only 1 source was analyzed (the last one you clicked on). So if you have two sources (one in the scene and the other in the Resources folder) then it may parse only the terms of the scene source and so the second source will not track those referenced.
That behavior was fixed on 2.4.0 where multiple sources are now used without problem, either multiple global sources or scene sources.

3- By default, when you don't select a term in the Popup or set <none> as the primary or secondary term, the Label's text is used as the term. To show that the Localize doesn't have a term and is inferring the term from the target text, the popup is shown in a yellowish color.
When the term's popup show that color, those references were not counted. (this was changed in 2.4.0, and now the reference is always counted).

On older versions of the plugin, it was necessary to force parsing the terms. You can do that by opening the Tools tab in the LanguageSource, and selecting the Parse tool.
Using that tool, you can count all the localization references in the active scene, or even in several scenes in the project.
Just select the scenes you want to analyze and click "Parse Localized Terms".

If you are not using 2.4.0 you could download it from the I2 Community as it could take a couple weeks before it gets reviewed by the AssetStore team. That new version adds lot of improvements/fixes related to how the LanguageSource and Localize component interact.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #437 by blindgoat
Frank,

Thanks for the quick reply!

1) All our Localize objects are in a prefab, but the prefab is in the current scene. Should this still work?

2) We are only using 1 source (the one in the Resources folder)

3) The term is selected on the Main tab and it's not yellow

Some of my uGUI Text objects are showing up as "Used" but the majority are not. They are all in a UI prefab that's in the current scene and I can't see a difference between those that show up "Used" and those that don't.

I'll try downloading 2.4.0 (currently on 2.3.2) and see if that fixes it. I'll report back :)

[EDIT]: If I go to the Localize objects that are showing up as "Not Used" and select the exact same term from the drop down, they become "Used". Any thoughts what could cause that? That fixes my issue, but just curious of a cause so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks,
blindgoat
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by blindgoat.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine