Open Source on Localized gameobjects

• Tatanan
  • Topic Author
  • Games developer for Android, iOS and PC.
More
9 years 3 months ago #422 by Tatanan
Sorry for making so many questions, but the documentation at this moment is not huge and I really need to fully understand the plugin.
What's the field "Open Source" on the Localize component? I know I can drag there one of my source if I wish and I think this forces to use exactly this Source, but something it's put by default and take one of my Sources (I don't know which one) and the name appears softer. What does I2 make in this case?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #424 by Frank
That its for forcing the use of an specific Language source.

If nothing is set, the plugin will show there the source that its used, so that if you click Open Source, it will select that object so you could edit it.
By default, the plugin uses the last source you selected or the i2Languages.prefab if there is not other laguagesource in your scene. However, if you want to use a languageSource in your scene, its adviced to always drag that source into that ObjectField, so that the localize component could know thats the intended source.

That is adviced because at runtime, if the Localize component is loaded before the languageSource, it may not detect correctly thats the source it should use.

Thanks
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine