Unity Freeze issue using Japanese Text

More
4 years 8 months ago #3904 by byron.b
Hello!

We recently updated Unity to the version listed below, and we started experiencing Freeze issues with certain Japanese Texts that we had inside the i2 Prefab. Everything was working fine before the update, so we were wondering if there's some issue between the Unity's version and i2's plugin. Here's a sample text that'll will reproduce the freeze issue in Unity:

"お子様が夢中で取り組み、小さな成功体験を積み重ねる中で、考えることが好きで好きでたまらなくなるように。"

Putting the text above as a "term's key" and pressing the drop down for the term will make the Unity freeze, and eventually, crash. (See the screenshot below)

Deleting this translation won't work for our case, as there are other texts aside from this one that causes the same problem. So it'd be great if the root cause can be fixed by the dev team! :)

Unity Version: 2018.4.2f1
i2 Version: 2.8.8 f1

Regards,
Byron Bautista
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #3905 by byron.b
Also, we won't be able to update to the latest i2 Localization's version since the usage of 2 byte characters has been restricted. So it'd be great if you can provide us with a hotfix / patch that'll fix the said problem...

Sorry for the trouble!

Regards,
Byron Bautista

More
4 years 8 months ago #3906 by Frank
Hi,
I just tested with that text and I'm unable to reproduce that issue.
Can you find the crash issue in the editor logs, that may give me an idea of what's happening.

Said that, I strongly suggest you to update to the latest I2 Localization, the version you have was released a year ago, so, there has been lots of fixes and improvements since then.

I don't quite understand what you said about "2 byte characters has been restricted". Those characters you used are not defined in the ASCII range, so, they are stored as more than one byte per char no matter what version of I2 Localization and unity you are using.
If you can give me more details about why exactly you can't update to the latest I2 Localization I can help you find a workaround for that.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine