Google Drive doubts

• Tatanan
  • Topic Author
  • Games developer for Android, iOS and PC.
More
9 years 2 months ago #406 by Tatanan
Google Drive doubts was created by Tatanan
I would like to use Google Drive to synchronize the work with my team mates, but only that, ie, I don't like to update any translation when the game is release, neither let my users access my Drive spreedsheets.
  1. How should I proceed for the first point?
  2. When I give access to everyone to my Google Drive (as I2 method requires), am I giving any undesirable access to my documents? If not, am I given access to the files I use for my translation?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tatanan
  • Topic Author
  • Games developer for Android, iOS and PC.
More
9 years 2 months ago #407 by Tatanan
Replied by Tatanan on topic Google Drive doubts
After making some doubts, I can see I'm giving access not only to my game files, but also to my whole Google Drive (or at least the spreedsheets). Is it correct? Is there any way I learn exactly what I am giving access? I would like to have more control over what I am sharing.

Thank you.

More
9 years 2 months ago #411 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Google Drive doubts
Hi,
When you authorize the WebService, you are just saying that Any user is able to call the WebService and access the information that the WebService provides. Users will not be able to access your google drive directly as you files are not shared.

The only way to access the files is by calling the WebService with the right parameters and the WebService will be the one accessing the files for you, placing them in the correct format and sending them back to the game/IDE.

The WebService only interacts with Spreadsheets, but even then, you may not want to access any one that is not intended for localization.
Thats why the WebService provides a filtering variable (LocalizationPrefix).

By default that variable was empty, so that All spreadsheets were accessed. But if you change that variable to "I2Loc", then only the Spreadsheet whose name starts with "I2Loc" will be accessed. (e.g. "I2Loc YouGameName")

BTW, I just made a change to the WebService to better expose the LocalizationPrefix variable (now it is right next to the Description text at the beginning of the script).
Also, made the Prefix "I2Loc" by default. So that the filter is now enabled by default.

Anyone installing the WebService from now on, will have the updated version.
If you already installed the WebService, you may need to reinstall it by:
1- Delete the WebService from your Google Drive
2- In Unity, click Install in the Google Spreadsheet section to make a copy of the latest WebService
3- Follow the install instructions as usual

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine