Only first Google Import is working

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #400 by Kerozard
Version: I2 Localization 2.3.2 b1

Data Source: Google Spreadsheet with installed Webservice

When I do the first import from Google everything works just fine. On every subsequent import ("replace", "merge" or "add new") the updated terms are displayed, but not saved after quitting Unity. This happens even when I explicitly saved the scene and the project after the import and then close Unity.

But: If I change the "Auto Update Frequency" to another value (doesn't matter which, as long as it is different then before) and I do another import, the new terms get saved correctly even without explicitly saving the project/scene. So now I have to change the auto update value and then do the import every time I want to update my translations. This is fine for development, but might lead to wrong settings in final builds.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Kerozard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #401 by Frank
Hi,
Can you give me a bit more details about what you do to get this issue. I tried several ways but couldn't see any problem.

I tried:
1- Open Unity
2- Select I2Languages.prefab
3- Setup the google WebServiceURL
4- Refresh the spreadsheet and select one of them from the dropdown
5- Import with ReplaceAll
6- Verified that I got all the term downloaded
7- Close Unity (don't even needed to Save Project)
8- Reopen Unity
9- Verified that all terms are still in the list

In case you meant that you lost your terms while playing, I tried
Steps 1-6
7- Play in the IDE
8- Verify that the terms are still in the I2Languages source
9- Wait for the game to auto update from google
10- Verify that all terms are still there

One thing to notice is that when the game runs and downloads data from google, it keeps a copy of the downloaded data in the PlayerPrefs. When the game runs again, it uses that data until it downloads new data. Can you try deleting your PlayerPrefs and see if you are having an issue around that?

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #413 by Kerozard
Sorry for only getting back to you now, I had guests over the weekend, so my gamedev time was limited. :-)

Your nine steps do indeed work.

1- Open Unity
2- Select I2Languages.prefab
3- Setup the google WebServiceURL
4- Refresh the spreadsheet and select one of them from the dropdown
5- Import with ReplaceAll
6- Verified that I got all the term downloaded
7- Close Unity (don't even needed to Save Project)
8- Reopen Unity
9- Verified that all terms are still in the list

The problem starts after that:
10-Change/Add terms in the Google Spreadsheet
11-Import->Replace in Unity
12-Verify the new terms got imported
13-Close Unity (with or without saving doesn't matter)
14-Reopen Unity

Now the newly imported terms are gone and I am back to the data from that first initial import.

I can only fix this issue by adding another step:

12.5 - Change Auto Update Frequency dropdown to a value different from the current one

Then the new terms are persistent even after I reopen Unity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #415 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks for specifying the extra steps. I was able to reproduce the issue. The inspector was making dirty the wrong object thats why the imported values were not saved.
I fixed it for the next release, but it can be fixed in the current version by changing this two locations:
I2\Localization\Editor\Localization\LocalizationEditor_Spreadsheet_Google.cs line 407
I2\Localization\Editor\Localization\LocalizationEditor_Spreadsheet_Local.cs line 179

from
	UnityEditor.EditorUtility.SetDirty (this);

into
	UnityEditor.EditorUtility.SetDirty (target);

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: hex, Kerozard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #416 by Kerozard
That worked. Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #420 by Tatanan
I had a similar problem.
Also fixed the same way.
This plugin is awesome but it's lacking a bit more of stability. I am looking forward for the next more stable release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine