Some sheets on Google spreadsheet doesn't get parsed. The sheet name is in the drop down list in editor but none of the locales in the sheet shows up. I have to insert a dummy sheet to get around this bug.
When saving scene, I2Languages.prefab no longer saves any changes pull from Google. So everytime any developer starts up Unity, the first we have to do is pull locales again. Very annoying. We never use the auto update feature because it's useless on web player build. Sometimes at run time, locales will get revert back to the version in the prefab. I think this happens even on non web player build.
Please fix these bugs and don't make us pay $45 to be your QA team.
Are you referring to version 2.3.1 or 2.3.2 ?
Can you send me a Spreadsheet where I could reproduce this issue? I haven't see this issue in any of the versions so far. If the Spreadsheet is listed in the dropdown, it is a valid spreadsheet and so it will download the data from it.
Also, what do you mean by adding a dummy sheet?
Are you referring to creating an empty Spreadsheet in your Google Drive or adding an empty Sheet in the Spreadsheet you selected on the Dropdown?
When saving scene, I2Languages.prefab no longer saves any changes pull from Google.
I2Languages is a prefab and so it will not be saved when saving the scene. You need to "Save the Project" or Close Unity in order for the changes to be saved. If you commit to a source control (SVN, Peforce, etc) without saving the project, all the changes to the prefab will be discarted. That happens will also happen to any other prefab.
Sometimes at run time, locales will get revert back to the version in the prefab.
If you want to fully disable the Automatic Google Synchronization as you wont use it on the Web Player because of the crossdomain issue, then just select NEVER on the update frequency dropdown in the Language Source. That will skip all runtime access and download of new/changed terms from Google.
If you don't have NEVER set, then when playing the game (even on the IDE) the plugin will access google and download changes if needed. It will start playing with the current translations and will be downloading terms on the background. Once it finishes downloading, it will re-localize all objects and update the translations.
Please fix these bugs
Version 2.3.0 was a major rewrite of the plugin to move the Google syncrhonization from just happening in the editor and allow downloading translation at runtime. I have been testing a lot and fixing as many issues as i have found but as I said, it was a major rewrite.
Thats why version 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 has been focused on fixing bugs and speed improvements before start adding the new features I have in the roadmap (e.g. Language Plural forms, Translation with External Parameters, etc)
Nonetheless, for every single bug that I didn't catch and was reported on the forum, I have tried posting a quick way to fix it so that no one get stopped because of that until a new version is released.
Hope that helps,
We're not able to send you a copy of the spreadsheet. I can tell you that there are about 35 sheets. Adding a dummy sheet in Google means that the problem shift to this dummy sheet and the sheet we want locales will get parsed correctly. But it only works sometimes, the problem shift around. The sheet with problem seems to still have all the locales, I can find them in Localize component. They just don't appear in inspector. When select the sheet in inspector drop down, the sheet won't get a checkmark like other sheets. Which means I can't add that sheet when generating ScriptLocalizaiton.cs
Saving to Project is what I meant. The problemt only occurs sometimes. After pulling locales from Google and save project, I2Language.prefab doesn't appear to change when doing a diff with git revision. Closing and restarting Unity will lose the changes from the pull. Not sure if this is general Unity issue or not. We're using Unity 4.6.0f3
We are setting auto update to NEVER, but because of the above issue, it means locales are rarely up to date unless we keep pulling.
Now that I remember, there was an issue on 2.3.0 were Languages get imported in the wrong order which lead to bad states when using Merge from google. It is explained here
That was fixed by modifying the WebService. I did the change, but if you upgraded from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 and forgot to also install the modified WebService then you may not have that fix.
Normally, the webService will not change or at least will change rarely. I'm adding to the Release notes whenever an upgrade needs to also install a new webService. And one of the things in my todo list for the next release is to show a message when the WebService is not up to date.
I will try an spreadsheet with 35 Sheets to see if I get to reproduce any missbehavior, but please, let me know if you have the latest WebService.
Ahh, another thing to notice is that when you have several sheets, they show as Categories in the Language Source. At the top right of the list there is a dropdown to allow you selecting which Categories you want to show (Works as a filter). By default is has "Everything" selected, but if you make any change it will remember that and if you download new Categories from Google, they will be filtered out.
Be sure to have "Everything" selected in the Language Source in order to see all terms.