Problems with CSV import

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #352 by Dotan
Hi

I just bought this plugin and i am tying to import a SCV that was translated beforehand.

The problems:
1. Unless i put 3 key columns before the first language, some of the languages don't get Identified.
2. Only 18 terms out of the 31 i have are being imported.

Please HELP this is very frustrating.

* the CSV file is attached
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Dotan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #353 by Dotan
Replied by Dotan on topic Problems with CSV import
i just found out what the problems where:
1. The first 3 columns need to be: Keys, Type, Desc
2. The terms do get imported, but i see only some of them in the "Terns" tab (i am working in mac maybe its related).

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #354 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Problems with CSV import
Hi,

The CSV file wasn't attached, can you please reattach it or email it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If the terms are categorized (if they have the '/' or '\' character like in "Category/Term") then they will be imported, but in the terms tab at the top right there is a dropdown to allow you filter which categories you want to see.
By default it is set to "Everything", but if you clicked there it could remember any change you did and hide some of the categories.

I see that if you have a precreated CSV file most likely it will not have the correct format (missing Type and Description columns) so I will add in the next release (2.3.2) a fix for detecting if the Type and Descriptions are present and if not, just assume they are empty and load the rest as usual.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Frank.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #358 by Dotan
Replied by Dotan on topic Problems with CSV import
Hi

In the terms tab (inspector) i can only see some of the terms, it seems like the bottom part is cut off.

i have sent the 2 attachments to your email.

Separated question:
In Localize Component is there a way to localize NGUI prefabs? (same as the GameObject option)
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Dotan.

More
9 years 4 months ago #359 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Problems with CSV import
Hi,
I tested the CSV file you sent me and found that it has an extra column after the Desc.
Note the ",," after Desc.
Keys,Type,Desc,,English,Chinese,French,German,Italian,Japanese,Korean,Portuguese,Russian,Spanish,Turkish

Try opening that CSV in excel and removing that column.
Even with that column it does load all the languages but the first one is empty.

One thing I noticed is that the language section doesn't expand to cover the full screen height like the Terms list, so it gets a bit annoying having to scroll down to see all the languages. I will make that list expand to fill the empty space in the next release.

About the second issue (the list of term showing cut off), thats indeed a bug. As part of the optimizations for speed browsing long list of terms, I'm hidding the terms that are offscreen. But as the term list is now expanding to cover the full height of the screen if possible, then it goes longer than the predefined size (300 pixels).

I'm adding a fix for that in the next release as well, but you can change it right now by replacing "Height" by "Screen.height" in line 79 of the file I2\Localization\Editor\Localization\LocalizationEditor_Terms.cs

if (YPosMax<-2*mRowSize || YPosMin>Height+mRowSize)

into
if (YPosMax<-2*mRowSize || YPosMin>Screen.height+mRowSize)

Thanks for reporting that issue,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
9 years 3 months ago #386 by weijinbao
Replied by weijinbao on topic Problems with CSV import
hi, i just bought this plugin.
when i import csv file by the step:
1.open the example scene uGUI Localization.unity;
2.export Localization.csv to local path such as "Lib/Localization/Resources/Localization.csv";
3.click the tap "Spreadsheets"
4.click the tap "Local"
5. file:Lib/Localization/Resources/Localization.csv;
6.click the import button to import "Lib/Localization/Resources/Localization.csv";
7.unity4.6 crashed when i selected the flie "Localization.csv";

but when i do this in unity 5, everying is ok. that's why? the requested version is upper the 4.5.5

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine