Google Spreadsheet export options

More
9 years 4 months ago #341 by Jos
It seems like the "Replace" and "Merge" export options don't work as I expect them to. If i have an existing spreadsheet, with 2 terms in the default sheet (uncategorized in the component), and add a third, but give it a category of "cat01", both the "Replace" and "Merge" export buttons will not add the actual third term. They do add the new "cat01" sheet however. The "Add New" option does seem to do the expected thing, and will add the new term to the "cat01" sheet.

I don't know if this is simply my misunderstanding of how each of those options should work, or is a bug. I expect both of those options to add the new third term to the existing spreadsheet.

Thanks!
Jos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #344 by Frank
Hi,
The intended behavior is that:

Replace: Clear the spreadsheet and sets all the terms/languages as are currently in the source

Merge: Its the same than Replace, but doesn't clear the spreadsheeets. So that any existing term remains there even if its not in the Language Source, new terms are added.

Add New: Only adds the new terms, it doesn't modify the existing terms in the spreadsheet.

I will double check all those again to see that they are behaving correctly. Is this the behavior you are seeing/expecting?

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
9 years 4 months ago #348 by Jos
Merge was _not_ adding the new items, either on export or import, specifically around items added to new categories. Add new was working as expected. Replace also didn't seem to actually add the new terms either.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine