[SOLVED] Weird problems initializing Localization

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #338 by JaniK
EDIT: Solved! All of our problems on Mac builds, including localization not initializing itself, were fixed by moving the build process to a Mac itself.

Hello there!

Thanks for the localization plugin - it seems in general quite robust and feature-ful. However, I'm having some wierd problems. It seems by our testing, that everything works properly on Windows systems. But on Mac, the localization never initializes on builds. It does, however, work in editor. I see nothing weird in the logs either, so the behaviour here stymifies me.

Any ideas? Known problems/workarounds with Macs? We have not yet tested with a Linux build, it might experience the same problems, or not.

Is there something I need to initialize from code to get the localization working? Or should things just work with the global Localization Source and Localize components in the same GameObjects as the localizable NGUI Labels are?

- Jani Kärkkäinen

EDIT: Testing this a bit more, and weirdly, builds that are gotten from Steam (and build on a Windows) don't have a working localization, but if built on Mac, then the localization works again.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by JaniK. Reason: Problem solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #346 by Frank
Hi,
I should be able to test tomorrow in a mac and see if I can reproduce any issue.
However, version 2.3.1 added new calls to automatically initialize the plugin whenever the terms/languages/code are accessed.

You can download the latest version 2.3.1 b2 from the community page. It will also be available in the Asset Store in the following days.
Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #347 by JaniK
Thanks for checking up on this.

It seems there are multiple other problems with our build when pipelined through building a version for Mac from Windows computer and then sending it through Steam. We are currently looking into automating builds on a Jenkins slave Mac, which would hopefully fix all problems - the localization and some other problems we've been having seem to have been fixed simply by building on a Mac.

EDIT: All our problems with Mac builds vanished by setting up the Mac slave build on our automated build system, inluding the non-working localization.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by JaniK.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine