Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Google import stopped working

Google import stopped working 2 months 1 week ago #3498

Hello,

Unity 2018.1.1f1 (a year old)
I2 Localization 2.8.11 f1 (latest today)

We use I2 Localization since years for several projects and it works very well.

Since yesterday in the current project the import from the Google Doc sheet has a problem: New lines in the document are ignored and not imported anymore. When I change an existing line it still works. The same behaviour appears on other computers.

I noticed the problematic project is the only one using tab sheets (tabs in the bottom of the Google document) and has more languages than the other projects. So I tested the other projects: They still work properly.
For the problematic project as a test I removed the server script and recreated one following the instructions in your manual. Did not help. I did clear browser cache.

Need help here, it is urgent.

Kind Regards,
Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Google import stopped working 2 months 1 week ago #3503

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1206
  • Thank you received: 256
  • Karma: 78
Hi,
I'm unable to reproduce this issue, so, maybe I'm doing a wrong step:

I tried this:
- Opened a Spreadsheet
- Added a translation with new lines
- Clicked Import/Replace in Unity
- Verified that the imported text has new lines.



That spreadsheet also has several tabs, and I also tried adding several new lines in the sub tabs.

Can you please let me know what steps are you doing to reproduce that, or if I misunderstood your problem?

Also, I help if can you export your spreadsheet into a CSV file and email it to me. I can try importing that spreadsheet and see why its giving issues for you.

Thanks,
Frank
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Google import stopped working 2 months 6 days ago #3506

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the answer. After many hours of searching I found the problem accidentally! There were two translation sheet documents with the same name in the Google Drive Root folder. One works perfect and the copy works too, but with a problem. Adding new content to a cell was ignored while changing the content of a cell was imported. After deleting the bad copy everything is fine now. I don't know how or who the copy document was created.

Kind Regards,
Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine