Export to Google Issues

More
9 years 4 months ago #300 by dchau_hh
Hi Frank,

I'm using V2.3.0 and been testing the Google sheets exporting to see if it will fit with our existing workflow.

There are two issues that are preventing us from moving forward:

1. Exporting back to Google is buggy. This is the typical flow we expect to use:

- Add a new Key/Term in Unity
- Fill in just the English text
- Export to Google with Add New

This typically works the first time, but when it doesn't the english text can end up under the wrong language or sometimes the order of the languages in the header row will change completely. This seems to work more reliably using Export Merge but I was under the impression that Merge should only modify Terms that already exist in the Google sheet?

2. We use colour coding of the cells to flag entries as ready for translation, modified, etc. But the colour coding in the Google sheet is removed following any Export. Is it possible to preserve the existing colours on Export?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #301 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Export to Google Issues
Hi,

Can you export some of your terms into a CSV file and send it to me?

As you are reporting that languages sometime endup in a different row, it could be that the language name has some extra character that is not supported.
That could be causing that when encoding the data to send it to the WebService, the internal CSV file is decoded incorrectly.

Please verify that there is no weird characters in your language names/codes. And if that's now the problem, please, send a csv file of your exported source so I could reproduce that issue here.

2- I'm overriding the color of the spreadsheet as this new version I'm working on introduces tags into the term's translations. So that you could know which terms have been translated automatically, which have been reviewed, etc.

Nonetheless, if you want to remove the color that is set by the plugin, you just need to tweak the Webservice source and deploy a new version by following the same steps you did to install it the first time.

Just open the web service, go to the ImportCSV.gs file and comment the line 121 which calls the function "SetupSheetFormat".

To make that easier on future releases, I'm going to add an option to skip the color tags in case you want to do custom formatting.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #302 by dchau_hh
Replied by dchau_hh on topic Export to Google Issues
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've attached some files from my test:

I2Languages.prefab - text serialized version of prefab

I2_Exported.csv - this is the local export from I2

Google_Exported.csv - this is what the Google sheet contains after the last Export - Add New

Note that in the Google version, for the key ERROR_MESSAGE, the text "FARSI" is in the Chinese (Simplified) column. When this key was first exported, the text was correctly under the Farsi column. The last key to be added and exported was NEW_KEY and when that export was complete, the ERROR_MESSAGE entry became incorrect.

Thanks!

Edit... Attachements don't seem to be working. I'll try to email them to you.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by dchau_hh.

More
9 years 4 months ago #318 by dchau_hh
Hi Frank,

Any update on this issue? Did you get the CSV files I emailed?

Thanks.

More
9 years 4 months ago #319 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Export to Google Issues
Hi,
Sorry, I didn't receive any email. I thought you found the issue and decided not to send the files.

If you could email me the files I will check them right away.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #322 by dchau_hh
Hi Frank,

I've re-sent the email to the support account as well as your gmail.

Hopefully this attachment works too:

Attachment Attachments.zip not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by dchau_hh. Reason: Added attachment

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine