Translations working in editor, but not on phone

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #3261 by seancronin
So in the editor, everything works perfectly. I have a set of language buttons set up and each of them immediately changes the app language when in the editor. The issues occur once trying to use the app on the phone.

On the device, pressing the language buttons seems to do nothing. I've checked the logs and the buttons are being fired. These same buttons worked perfectly in the editor. Furthermore, the app is now displaying half in Japanese, half in English, and a few phrases in French, all at the same time. Meanwhile, the phone's default language has been set to German.

There seems to be an issue with setting I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.CurrentLanguage on the device that does not exist in the editor.

What steps do I need to take to:

1. change the language as soon as I press a language button?
2. not have the app display in three languages at the same time?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by seancronin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #3262 by Frank
Hi,
If the localization works fine in the Editor, but doesn't show correctly in the device, that usually means that Google Live Synchronization is not set correctly.
Can you follow this steps:
forum.unity.com/threads/i2-localization-...page-12#post-3744691

Also, be sure to be using the latest version (v2.8.8 or v2.8.9) as previous versions had a bug with the Loading/Unloading of languages when in-device.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Frank.

More
5 years 5 months ago #3263 by seancronin
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the help. I had previously done the export to Google part but the problem persisted. I found that setting the auto-update frequency to never solved the problem.

Cheers,

Sean

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine