[Exception] Array index is out of range

More
5 years 6 months ago #3251 by kingstone426
I was demoing our game at EGX Berlin this weekend and got an unexpected crash (once). Checking the logs I suspect it may have been caused by I2 Localize giving me this cryptic stacktrace:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
at I2.Loc.LanguageSource.Export_Language_to_Cache (Int32 langIndex, Boolean fillTermWithFallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at I2.Loc.LanguageSource.SaveLanguages (Boolean unloadAll, eFileType fileLocation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at I2.Loc.LanguageSource.UpdateDictionary (Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.AddSource (I2.Loc.LanguageSource Source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.RegisterSourceInResources () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.UpdateSources () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.InitializeIfNeeded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.get_CurrentLanguage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at I2.Loc.Localize.OnLocalize (Boolean Force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at I2.Loc.Localize.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I can't really wrap my head around what's going on here, but I guess somehow OnLocalize triggers initialization which in turn tries to update and save the dictionary data with an invalid language index. The game was running on German systems which correctly localized all content into German (after the initial crash).

Game is built with Unity 2018.1.3f1 with I2 Loc 2.8.7 and the crash occured on Windows (not sure which version).

Any help is much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #3256 by Frank
Hmm, sorry for the delay, I have been trying to reproduce that crash for a few days now without success.

Can you try upgrading to v2.8.8 or 2.8.9 and see if you can reproduce it?
There have been several changes around the way the languages are handled in the cache in the latest release. That may solve your problem.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 6 months ago #3259 by kingstone426
I also havn't been able to reproduce the crash, I suppose it's that kind of "heisinbug" that only occurs when you're showing your game to someone else ;)

Thanks for replying!

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine