Localizations to be downloadable from a server

More
9 years 6 months ago #288 by koralarts
I was wondering if it's possible to have a localization (ie. CSV) file be downloaded from a server and then use it as a new localization?

Purpose:
To be able to create new localization (ie. Korean) on the server, and give the user the option to download the new language without updating the entire application.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #289 by Frank
>>I was wondering if it's possible to have a localization (ie. CSV) file be downloaded from a server and then use it as a new localization?

Yes.
The plugin doesn't automatically download CSV files, but if you do a WWW call to your server and get the CSV file, then you can make the LanguageSource to update from it. There is a function in the LanguageSource that allows updating the content based on a CSV string.

There is also another feature in the latest version (2.3) that allows you to update dynamically without code changes. Its the Google Live Synchronization.
If you link a Google Spreadsheet with your game, it will keep updating itself if you do a change to your spreadsheet. That happens even after the game is sent to the store and its optimal enough to only download changes if there has been any.

Check how it works in this video (as you can see, it happens automatically, and there is no need to add code to trigger that feature)

And here is a tutorial on how to setup it

More tutorials can be found here

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: koralarts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine