Terms in UpperCase are translated into LowerCase

More
5 years 7 months ago #3217 by pete
Hi Frank,

I know that topic has been discussed in earlier versions but I still have the issue.
I have the latest as of today (2.8.7f1) and when I write a term and the english version in uppercase (for example CREATE), all the other versions are lowercase (expect for the 1st letter).

I don't know if there is an option somewhere to force that, or if we need to modify it by code ...

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #3218 by Frank
Hi,
If I understood you correctly, you want to create a term and then reuse it for several labels, where each label can show it with different cases (e.g. UPPERCASE, lowercase, Title Case, First up, etc)

You can do that by using the Modifications options
inter-illusion.com/assets/I2Localization...l/Modifications.html

That allows changing the casing for the translation.
You can also add Pre and Post suffix to the translations, (e.g. adding ':' a the end, like in "This Game:" or '- ' at the beggining "- Item 1")

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 7 months ago #3219 by pete
Ah! That was not exactly what I was asking for, but actually it will help :) because I will have different casing for the same name for sure.

So thank for that, but my original question was more about the fact that when I click on translate all, all the translations have the lower casing except for the original.
For example English is CREATE, french is Créer, Espanol is Crear, etc.

I wanted them to be all Upper Case (or at least I was expecting them to be that way).

So I can probably deal with that now that I know the Modifications section.

If I want to do it by code, I guess I need to use .ToUpper() ? for that specific string?

More
5 years 7 months ago #3220 by Frank
I see,
If your term is CREATE, then all your translations should result in the same casing.

If thats not happening, then its a bug for sure, I will check that up and upload a fix asap

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine