Changing text with 2D Toolkit

More
9 years 5 months ago #278 by JHoffstein
Hello again! I'm using I2 Localization with 2D Toolkit. In my scenes I frequently update the text in the tk2d TextMesh, but I'm not sure how to get this to update the localized text as well. For example:

TextMesh reads "KEY A", which gets localized to "This is Key A". I then update the TextMesh to "KEY B". It now reads "KEY B", instead of being properly localized to "This is Key B."

How can I do this? Do I need to have individual TextMesh objects for every different string I want to localize?

Thanks,
Jenna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #279 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Changing text with 2D Toolkit
To change the term at runtime, you only need to get the Localize component you added to your TextMesh, assign the new Term to the MainTranslation (thats the primary term) and call OnLocalize.
I2.Loc.Localize LocalizeCp = TextMeshGO.GetComponent<I2.Loc.Localize>();

LocalizeCp.MainTranslation = "KEY B";
LocalizeCp.OnLocalize();

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
9 years 5 months ago #283 by JHoffstein
For anyone using Playmaker with 2d Toolkit, here's how I was able to accomplish this:

1) Use the "Set Property" action to set the new term (aka localization key) that you want. Drag the localize script on your textmesh into the "Target Object" field, and select "mTerm" as your Property. Type in whatever you want your new key to be.

2) Use the "Call Method" action to call OnLocalize. Again, drag the localize script on your textmesh into "Behavior", then type "OnLocalize" (without the quotes) into the Method Name field. You don't need any parameters.

Here's what my state looks like:

Attachment Loc.png not found

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine