SVN/GIT support

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #275 by sandolkakos
SVN/GIT support was created by sandolkakos
Hi, I'd like to know if the I2Languages prefab has support to work under version control.

Exemple:
If I create 5 new terms in my Working Copy and my team mate also has added other ones in his working copy. When we commit the I2Languages prefab, the terms we have created will be incremented or only the last commit will be valid?

Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sandolkakos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #276 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic SVN/GIT support
Hi,

That will depend on how you setup Unity.
If you are saving all your assets in binary mode then SVN will not be able to merge any of the Unity prefabs (not only I2 loc). If you set your project to "Force Text" then most of the time its possible to merge the changes to a prefab. Although merging prefabs in unity its not recommended as far as I'm aware.

To solve that issue, I2 Localization supports sharing spreadsheets.
You could export your terms to a Google Spreadsheet. That spreadsheet can be edited at the same time by several developers/translators. At any point you could Import the spreadsheet and it will get the latest merged version.

The new version 2.3 (which I should release this weekend) improves the google spreadsheet support. And once you link a source to a spreadsheet, the game will continue updating its terms from the spreadsheet even after you deploy your game. So you can release your game to the store and if you find a typo or want to add any other language, The plugin will update to the latest changes without needing to do a new build.

Hope that helps
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: sandolkakos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine