Translations disappear in playmode

More
5 years 9 months ago #3094 by _kiu_
I'm confused... just added Chinese Language to my app. Fonts and Translations are swapped beautifully in Editor Mode.

Every time I enter playmode however, all translations but German (2nd Language) disappear from the language source, as well as the font settings (which are also only left for German). When I stop, everything is back again. Something seems to be corrupted, but I don't know what to do...

The Language Source is connected to google docs for maintenance reasons but set to never update.
Using Unity 2018.1.1 and latest I2 Localisation version (maybe something went wrong with the update?)

Best,
-martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #3095 by Frank
That's the correct behavior.

When you start playing, I2 Localization unloads all languages from memory, and only keeps loaded the one you are using. Thats why you see all translations to be gone except for the one you need.
Then, if you change language, the plugin automatically loads the new language and unloads the previous one.

Said that, if you download 2.8.7 from the beta folder, it tries to avoid this confusion by only doing that in the devices, and not in the editor. In the Languages Tab there is now a new setting that controls that. By default is "OnlyInDevice", but can be changed to "InEditorAndDevice" or "Never". 'Never' just skips the unloading and always keeps the languages in memory.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 9 months ago #3097 by _kiu_
Thank you for the quick answer. The problem was that at the same time, the translation wasn't working (no text was displayed) and I was desperately searching for reasons.

The culprit: The Chinese Font ran a tad bit higher than the western counterparts, so the translation would disappear in each Text field that wasn't set to overflow.

Keep up the good work, your plugin is the one I use in pretty much every project and it runs pretty stable.

Best,
-martin

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine