Requires NGUI?

More
9 years 6 months ago #268 by JHoffstein
Requires NGUI? was created by JHoffstein
Hello - I would like to use I2 Localization with 2D Toolkit in my game. The documentation references NGUI in many places, though, is NGUI required for me to use I2 Localization, even though I'm not using NGUI in my game?

Many thanks,
Jenna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #270 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Requires NGUI?
Hi,
I2 Loc, doesn't require NGUI or any other plugin to work.

By default the plugin allows localizing only the Unity standard components (TextMesh, AudioSource, Prefab, etc).
However, if the plugin detects that you have any of the extra plugins installed (NGUI, 2D ToolKit, DF-GUI, TextMeshPro) or detects that you are running on 4.6 or higher, then it will enable the code to localize those plugins as well.

In your case, it will enable the code for 2D Toolkit and disable NGUI and the other plugins, so you won't need anything extra :-)

I started writing the documentation went the plugin only supported NGUI and even though I have updated a few sections to show the changes it is by far "not completed".
On the two next scheduled version, I will introduce several key features and reshape the tools to make the plugin easier to work with and faster, so I'm planning on redoing the documentation when the new interfaces are finished.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
9 years 6 months ago #272 by JHoffstein
Replied by JHoffstein on topic Requires NGUI?
Great - thank you!

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine